Part 21 Tacos.

I was right. Trusting Sab had been the right decision. Not only did it save us a ton of time not arguing but it also turned out that we were meeting at Cam and Tao's. Three of the other guys were already there when we walked in.

"Ow fucking shit." Tao was grumbling at Theo.

Tao was sitting on a chair in the kitchen with Theo leaning over him. Theo looked to be very focused on Tao's cheek and didn't even look up as we walked into the apartment.

"Stop being a baby and hold still." Theo puffed out. He grabbed Tao by the chin and turned his head back to the angle he wanted.

"You're stabbing me repeatedly in the face without medication I think I have a right to wiggle." Tao grumbled back.

"Medication and alcohol do not mix." Theo said.

"You either." Theo's eyes flickered up meeting mine briefly before looking back at Tao. No prescription tonight. Noted.

"You're still taking medication?" Sab asked looking down at me curiously.

"She had surgery on Thursday." Cam's voice was muffled. He was sitting at the counter, hunched over, with his head on his arms.

"What?!" Sab said. "Why didn't anyone tell me?!"

"Because you went dark." Cam said still not lifting his head.

"Went dark?" I echoed.

"No cell phone, no communication aside from immediate emergencies and predetermined meetings." Cam said. "Undercover is probably a better word." Cam peeked out from his arms to shoot Sab a questioning look.

Sab gave a nod in approval of Cam's explanation.

"You-you don't have your cell phone?" I asked turning to Sab.

"No princessa. I haven't had it since..." He didn't have to say it. I knew he was referring to the day Stephan had pulled a gun on us and nearly ripped my arm off.

I nodded. That explained the unread text messages I'd sent him. He really hadn't been ignoring me then. He had been ignoring me in class though. As if sensing my train of thought Sab continued with his explanation.

"I am looking into the frat house. They think that I am one of them so I have to act like one of them." Sab said.

"So... the... brushing me off thing?" I asked thinking back to when I had tried to say hello to Sab in class and he had completely dismissed it.

"I was sitting with them. They are like children. If one has something they all want it." Sab said. "I don't want them to want you."

"A lot of good that did us. That little prick T couldn't keep his hands off her." Tao said from his seat in the kitchen.

Sab's head snapped over to look at Tao but after a second his blazing eyes shifted back to me. He was silently demanding for me to tell him what Todd had done and I couldn't do it. I couldn't even form words with Sab looking at me like that. The barely contained fury was terrifying.

"He touched you?" Sab asked. His voice was dangerously low as it shifted from milky and smooth to sinister and dark.

Cam scoffed.

"He tried to but our girls a boss ass bitch and knocked him on his ass." Tao said shooting me a wink over his shoulder.

Some of my tension eased at his playfulness and I sent him a thankful smile in return.

"This dude actually had the nerve to try and say shit about her." Cam said sitting up from his chair.

"That's what started the fight?" Aydan asked.