Chapter 31: Don't Break your Promise.

"Thanks officer..." My eyes drifted to his badge.

"Martinez" The man smiled. "Someone will be out by your door the whole night and another person will be in the lobby."

"Thank you so much, I really don't think it will be nec-"

"We greatly appreciate, is it possible to meet with someone tomorrow to talk about protection some more?" Noel said as he pushed to door to our room open more. "For now I think we need to go to bed."

I sighed he was right. I went into the room and began to change. My makeup was gone and I just needed sleep.

"Margie" He said.

"What happened to Mars" I turned around and smiled.

"You know what happened."

I shook my head and turned to him. "No... I don't think so Noe, My name is Mars or Baby" I smiled and kissed his cheek. "Nothing else will do"

He looked down at me and smiled. "Mars"

I wrapped my arms around his torso. "That's better"

He cupped my face and smiled sadly. "What are you going to do?"

I shrugged. "Sleep for now, be the big spoon because I feel like you need that tonight." He smirked at my joke but I could see a sadness in his eyes. "It's a robbery case. I will tesify once. It will be stressful. But after that it will be over."

He nodded but I could tell he was still worried. "Hey" I soothed "No one is taking you from me, we have done too much. Some shitty robber isn't going to do anything about us."

He cupped my face with both hands. For a moment he stared down at me. "Okay you are right. It will be nice that we can close that chapter of our lives."

I kissed him lightly before pulling him to bed. "Come on lets get to bed. I need it."

ZZZ

"Ms. Walsh... what do you do for a living?"

"Um... I technically have two jobs. I am an even creator... and a social media influencer..." I looked around the room Where were the windows.

"That... might be a problem." He said. "For the next few weeks we will need to stay off most social media."

"Easy" I said. "I sent my next few videos to my friend he will upload for me. I just will have to make some type of announcement."

The DA nodded. "I would ask if you do that today then." I nodded. "So for your safety we will be expediting the proceedings. But due to the... information this man has on you I would feel safer if we moved you to a safe house."

"Would I be able to leave... at all?" I asked.

"Yes but you would be escorted... also we would keep you from... contact with people other than immediate family."

I turned over to Noel. He looked at me calmly. "Would... would you inform Him... if anything happens."

The DA gave me a sympathetic look. "Of course but that is unlikely. We found out he got the name by hacking into on of the devices he stole. All he was able to see was your Instagram messages. This could have been worst."

I looked to Noel and squeezed his hand. "Do you want to talk about this first?" I whispered. "We can atleast plan this out..."

He looked at the DA. "Do you mind giving us a moment?"

The man nodded and left us in the room.

When the door closed neither of us said anything at first. Noel looked at his hands for a moment. I wish I could read minds, maybe if I could I could hear whatever was making his shoulders tense. He looked at me and sighed. "There is nothing to talk about but I appreciate you checking in. This is what you have to do Mars."