End

That day, I finally learnt why they all came back crying.

It wasn't Dawn.

It was the monster. The monster hidden among the humans. A bit of monster was in every single one of them.

We weren't the real demons.

They were.

That day, I realized that Dawn was the sunshine of my life, the reason why I became a better - what's the word?

Human. Us monsters were the ones with humanity.

The reason why I have begun to love those little twits - those young souls - is because they are too young and innocent to be like them. Even the little boy I called Chucky.

The 48 hours were over, and it was time to leave. It wasn't what I thought it would be - saying goodbye.

 I had never wanted anyone to stay - I was used to people leaving. But this one little girl, this twit - she was too precious.

Dawn smiled up at me, and her smile made me ignore the tears streaming down my face. This brave young woman was so strong. She got down from her bed and hugged me. If she did that when I first came here, I would have pulled myself away from her. But things happen, and people change. I guess I changed a lot, too.

I hugged her back.

________________________________________________________________________________

'Well, at least you didn't come back crying.' My boss said, trying to act nice, but failing miserably. I shivered as his deep voice came again. 'But you didn't scare her. You were supposed to make me money, young demon. You were supposed to make us famous. They would all cheer for me, I would give interviews - and yeah, you might have had a bit of fame too.' 

I glared at him. He was using me all along, like I was nothing but a receptionist -

That's what made me punch him. I am sorry. I beg for your forgiveness. But I punched him. 

His short figure fell down, landing loudly on the hard, marble floor. That's when I heard the bells ring. The security guards were coming.

Before I could think of something to do, I slid into the nearest tunnel. Hopefully this child won't mind seeing me during the day -

She didn't.

When I met Dawn again, she said the same words she said when I first met her:

'You are late.'

She was smiling. But the twinkle in her eye was gone - she had been crying. It's been only 30 minutes!

I noticed something red by her side - blood. I saw something horrifying: Dawn was lying down on her bed, a broken bottle of wine stuck out of her stomach.

She had been mercilessly stabbed - just because of her skin colour. Or maybe it was because of the monster living inside the humans. 

Dawn was right - I was late. Too late to do anything. As she slowly closed her beautiful, brown eyes, I learnt a fact:

No one will be able to see those eyes ever again. For the last time in my life, I cried. I cried as hard as I could.

I wept until I couldn't anymore. I screamed as loud as a thunderstorm. Then I did what any monster would do - kill.

_______________________________________________________________________________

I am a monster, alright, but I am not cruel. So I called the Slender Man - He would ruin Steve's life, make him disappear, do whatever he wants to with him. 

In return, I wouldn't tell a single soul about what happened that night at the Slender Man Mansion.

But he never listened.

He asked me why I wanted to do this to a human, so I told him. And he didn't reply. He teleport-ed away, before I could seal the deal.

He never heard what I was giving in return - he just did what was right.

See? Even Slender Man wasn't that horrible. Even he had humanity inside him.

I buried Dawn in the nearest graveyard, at night. I didn't want anyone to see me. I was a monster, after all.

I lowered down her fragile body - This rose had wilted away. But she died fighting - That's what Dawn would do.

As I carved her name on a stolen stone - I stole it from a shop, in case you are wondering - I learnt another little fact:

Dawn never died. She still lived on, in my heart. But it wasn't enough. She had to live in the hearts of many others.

That's why I wrote this book. To remember her. In the honor of the bravest child in this world.

That's what I wrote on her grave: RIP, Dawn, The bravest twit alive.

I wonder if humans will look at her grave and wonder why I was calling her a twit. Maybe they won't care.

As I walked away from her grave, the sun was just coming out. It was dawn. But for me, dawn was gone. My world was nothing but darkness.

Here's a little thing I need to tell you, before I say goodbye:

The real monster isn't under your bed.

It's among you. It's inside you.

But please, please don't let it out.

It will ruin this precious world.

Darkness will live on,

but dawn will never come again.