#13: Gaps Between The Spaces

Beach Resort

Erina and the rest visited the sea and saw that the swimming club are really there.

"Senpai", Erina waved at her. She just forced a smile and returned a wave. The rest of the team are just lazying around after running for a mile. Rio grabbed on Nami's arm. "You don't have to force yourself", Rio whispered. "Who said I am forcing myself?",Nami responded. Rio lets her go and saw Rei behind Erina looking away.

Erina and Nami talked about the wonderful fire dance last night. The three were amused the with beach volleyball and joined the strangers playing as well. Fushimi and Rei are sitting under the umbrella. "That reminds me, why are you here, Fushimi-kun?", Rei asked. "The same goes with you. You're surrounded by ladies", Fushimi tilted his head. "Not to mention the whole swimming club for you", Rei fought back. The two are having exchange of clashing aura.

"Do you still love Chou?", Fushimi asked directly. Rei flinched and looked at the guy. "Huh?", he slightly laughed. "Because if you don't or even if you do, you wouldn't mine if I would ask her out , right?", Fushimi averted his stares. "I see. I had always wondered how come that the gloomy and dark Fushimi was able to change this much", Rei lie down and look at the umbrella spread to shade the two of them. "Just as I thought, this umbrella is small enough for the both of us", Rei commented while feeling the sun on his leg. "That's why either of us needs to leave", Fushimi released an aura. "You don't have to ask for my permission. If you really love someone, then go for it", Rei closed his eyes. "You'd have my supporr  Fushimi-kun", he smiled. The guy was startled. "Why would I need your...", Fushimi clicked his tongue. "I've been with her the longest. I know a lot about her", Rei boasted.

Van

They are now going back.

Rei slapped himself after realizing what he just said to Fushimi. If that's the case, he's helping Erina break her heart.

He looked at the girl and saw her watching the scenery outside. The rest of the girls are  already asleep. "Can't sleep?", Rei asked. Erina shook her head and just remained silent. "This was the first time I tasted a mollusk for a very long time. I see, that was something I really enjoyed when I was a child", she smiled weakly. Rei clenched his fist. "When we get back to our place, let's go hit the arcade house", Rei invited. "You need to go back and train. Do you really want to get kick out forever?", Erina chuckled. Rei whined and just ranted about how frustrating it was to hear that the team won without him. Erina just listened carefully and also laughed.

Maybe, someday, we can laugh at our own pains.

Class Resumes
Class 1-1

Hana entered with some bandages all over her neck. She explained that she just have a bad fall.

Erina stared longer than the other classmates. "Was it an accident? ", she asked with some kind of hesitation in her voice. "Yeah. I think I need to be more careful", Hana forced a laughter.

Rooftop

Hana told Erina that she'll be doing some erand but just stayed in the rooftop. She wasn't able to make lunch fot herself and she doesn't have any money to buy for a bread. She leaned on the railings and went back and forth.

"Get off the edge", she heard a familiar voice and gritted her teeth. She doesn't want to look at his face or even to hear more of his voice. Somehow, when it comes to him, she couldn't help but to feel like being more honest.

Rei leaned on the wall and sat down. "Come and eat with me", Rei seems to order. Hana went down the railings and sat in front of Rei. The lad just stared at her neck and the bandages. "You can tell me the truth. Don't worry. I won't tell Erina", Rei assured. "What are you implying? I fell", she took the bread that Rei offered. "Are you telling the truth?", Rei said with a serious tone. "Yeah. It was just that...", Hana looked into his eyes and was surprised to see how concerned he was. Hana averted her eyes. "We were having an argument. I just broke down and shouted as well. He grabbed me by the arm and threatened that he would withdrew me at school. I insisted that he won't so I walked towards the stairs. He kept pulling me and I pushed him away. That's why I fell", Hana explained. "Your father", Rei got the flow of the story. "Saotome told me about the burns and the scars", Rei informed. Hana clicked her tongue. "She doesn't know how to shut up", Hana sighed. "You can't stay forever that way", Rei clenched his fist. "So, what do you want me to do? Run away from home. Whether I like it or nor, he's still supporting my education and basic needs. I can still breathe and I think that's enough to make it pass by", Hana forced a smile. "But-", Rei bit his lip. "I can bear that much. Plus, coming here in school and being with Erina is more than enough for me. She allowed me to complain as much as I want to",Hana chuckled and munch on the bread.

"You can always come to me", Rei looked at the sky.

"Are you really... For real?", Hana took his juice and drank it.

Class Resume

"You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed".

Erina read from the book. Hana just stared at the blonde reading the quotation. "You're frightening me, Hana. Is there something wrong with my face?", Erina whispered as she sat down.

"You're too perfect", Hana commented. Erina just awkwardly laughed then passed a piece of paper. "It's actually Ai's birthday. Would you like to come with us?", Erina invited.

"That giant? I wonder if she would be pleased to see me", Hana wrote back.

"She will", Erina said out loud. "Yes?", the teacher asked. The two chuckled in unisom.

Ishiki Ai's Residence

Rei was commissioned to have the girl go home straight after training while the three decorates the house.

Hana entered and saw Ai's father cooking fried chicken. It was just an average looking house with few furniture and enough space. "Sorry for coming uninvited", Hana bowed very low. "Oh. You have a new friend", Ai's father smiled at Hana. The three also helped in the preparation.

Hana and Mio are in the living room. "Is it just her and her father?", Hana was curious. "Ai's mother left when she was just a 4. Ever since, she's been living with her father", Mio informed. "That's probably why she doesn't move and act lady like at times", Mio knew what was in Hana's mind. "You're scary", Hana commented. Hana saw a lot of trophy for Ai winning volleyball games ever since. There are also some pictures of her previous team.

"Why didn't she enter a powerhouse school? I think she's really an asset player", Hana asked. Mio didn't give a response. "It would have been better", Hana shrugged. "That's what I told her before but then... she said she doesn't want me to carry all the burden by myself", Mio answered.

"Burden?", Hana tilted her head.

There was a knock on the door.

"Someday, I also want you to know the story", Mio went into the entrance.

The four held pop confetti and surprised Ai.

"Happy Birthday!".