#12: Back Then

Night time- Shore

There are some shows to be performed that night. The crowd are gathered to watch someone play with some fire.

Rio and Nami got separated from the rest because they went to buy some shake. They decided to meet them later. They watched the show as well. In a distant, Nami can clearly see the blonde being amused by the show. His gentle expression was something that she missed seeing. Whenever he's talking to her, there was something that had always been missing. There was no light in his eyes just like what he has right now. After a while, a younger lady went to give him a garland of flowers. He happily accepted it. Her eyes widened when Rei suddenly hugged the girl and slightly lifted her up from the ground.

In the other side, Rei released Erina whose face is all flustered. She was embarrassed since some of the people are whispering. Rei wasn't sure why he did that. Erina came running to him excited to give the garland of flowers that she made with the girls. She's like Mayu whenever she's excited to show something to his big brother.

Erina had always been so fond of him since they were child. She looked up to her like a brother and also showed how much he also cared for him. But then, eve after all those things, he wasn't still able to do something a big brother would do.

Was there anything I can do to make up with the past?

Without even thinking of anything else, he hugged her and lifted her up.

I would always be here to watch her grow.

Hotel

"Why are you here?", Rio passed a can of juice as she walk at the terrace as well. "I think I'm going to give up, Rio. Rei really thinks about her", Nami smiled and looked at the stars.

Her eyes widened looking at a constellation.

Did you know? One of them were so devasted when the other one left. That's why he asked the gods if they could possibly be together for forever. That's why they both became stars.

How much does a person fear being apart from the one they love?

"I need to take a picture of this. He really loves to capture the perfect angle", Nami tried to capture it but it wasn't that good. "When you said you're going to give up", Rio sighed and leaned on the terrace railings.

"Maybe, it wasn't that I wanted to be with him again. When he called of our relationship, it was just too sudden. Maybe it was just the explanation that I wanted to hear. Nothing more", Nami tried to laugh. "Now, you're rationalizing because..?", Rio hummed. Nami threw the can on the air. She feels so frustrated. "It was so unfair. When he broke up with me, he just started to avoid long conversation with me. He was still talking to me and all. Its just so unfair how come it's so easy for him to get over it. We've been dating for 2 years. Was it something so easy for him to throw away? ", Nami clenched her fist.

"Did I lack anything? Was I too clingy? Is there anything that I did wrong?", Nami fell on her knees. "I... didn't want it to end", Nami covered her face.

The next day
Villa

Hana peeked into the terrace and saw Rei alone. He seems to be texting someone one the phone. His message seems to be so long. "Just kidding...", he said then dropped his phone on his lap. Rei turned his head and saw Hana looking at him. "I was just...", Hana stammered. "Want to see the sunrise together?", Rei invited. Hana just nodded and stood next to the hammock. "You can sit next to me", Rei permitted. She shyly took her seat and looked at the horizon. The sun started to show itself. "Morning, it comes", Rei seems to quote some kind of poetic line. "Are you really not courting Elina. She's pretty and all", Hana suddenly asked when she remembered Rei raising her in the air last night with such longing eyes. "Why would I?", Rei chuckled. 

"If you won't, someone will steal her", Hana was referring to Fushimi. "Then, I would really be happy if someone would snatch her", Rei gave a weak smile. The sun arose and gave life to the blue ocean. "Are you going out with someone else?", Hana was suddenly curious. Ever since she's been involved with him, she found a great interest to know more about the tall blonde banana. 

"I don't think so", he vaguely answered. They heard Ai and Mio having an argument about what Erina would like to have for breakfast. After a while, Rei joined the argument. 

She's so lucky to have people crowding over her. 

Rocky Shore

Erina didn't tell anyone that she would be heading to the shore to collect some mollusk. She carried a basket with her and some bottles. She started to look for the holes made on the sand. When she was younger, her father taught her how to harvest for mollusks. To add with the reminiscing, she also hummed the song she would often sing with her father while harvesting. 

"That's a good song", she heard someone clapped. Her eyes widened as she raised her head and saw who was sitting on the rocks. "Why? How?", she dropped the bottle she was holding. "I'm the one who is surprised here. A underclassman who is harvesting for mollusks. Plus, she's alone", Fushimi slightly chuckled. Was it something weird for him? "Are you going to sell those? Let me help you", Fushimi went down the rock and walked towards her. She wasn't able to reply and just watched Fushimi pull out the mollusks from the sand. 

After some time, they were able to fill in the  basket. "This is a lot", Erina commented. "Where are you going to sell it?", Fushimi asked. "I'm not. You can also have some. My friends and I are going to have it for breakfast", Erina explained. "That's great", Fushimi nodded. 

"By the way, Senpai. What are you doing here?", Erina asked. 

Fushimi paused for a very long time. Too long that Erina thought he didn't hear it. She repeated the question. 

"I came here to support a friend but then it seems that that person doesn't need me this time", Fushimi answered. Erina saw a hint of sadness in his eyes. "Would you like to join us, senpai? My friends are a little lively and noisy, though", Erina suddenly invited him. Fushimi just looked at her. Erina mentally face-palmed. 

Villa

"Shall I call the police already?", Ai panicked. "I'm sure she's just roaming around", Hana insisted. "She wouldn't even lay a finger to a sea snake just in case she saw it", Mio bit her fingernails. Rei also kept looking around the room as if he was playing hide and seek. They heard a knock on the door. 

Hana opened it and was shocked to see Erina with Fushimi. 

"Where did you go?!", Ai and Mio hugged her tightly. "Oh, Fushimi-kun", Rei waved his hand. "Toka", Fushimi slightly bowed his head. Rei saw him carrying a basket full of mollusks. "So you've been out there harvesting mollusks", Rei's eyes twitched but pretended to be fine. "How are we going to cook this?", Ai asked while picking one of them. They all looked at Erina. 

In the end, Mio and Hana cooked while the four played cards on the living room. 

"I see. This is your villa, Aisawa. The swimming club are also in the hotel", Fushimi informed. Rei suddenly dropped the cards. "I won", he said with a bored tone. "Really? So, Chou-senpai is also here?", Erina asked. "Yeah. If you like, we can go meet them later", Fushimi invited. "Sure", Erina nodded. 

Chapter end.