But, this, is new.

Her body was placed on the ground, actually, it was more like she fell that way. Arms gracefully set in front of her, barely able to see how one was previously twisted unnaturally by just a simple crack as it rested on her curved side, and her legs were still perfectly straight with just the single knee bent. It was almost like she had fallen asleep that way, but I knew better, especially since her killer was breathing down the back of my neck.

Before I could complain about how slow my so-called mate was being, my line of thought was interrupted by the echo of a branch snapping, an echo that made my body twitch in anticipation. But, of course, it couldn't go unnoticed, because then I was being forced to lurch forward as the man pushed me flat on the ground with the strength of a full grown horses kick. My face was shoved roughly into the dirt as my legs were pulled out from under me, all of a sudden I was resting on my stomach with no view. Before I could grasp the concept of what was going on, I let out a small, instinctive yelp that nobody with normal hearing could possibly hear, and I bit my tongue to stop me from making even more noise. Screaming would definitely make it worse, might even send him over edge at the thought of someone coming and maybe even trying to save me. Although, I had my doubts that he didn't already understand that the peace was gone, my cover blown. His hands had roughly smacked down on my back, pinning me there with his body weight as I felt an extra pressure on the back of my legs.

Thankfully, I was able to see him with the help of turning my head to the side.

"No," he whined quietly, just under his breath, and the wind cried as he frowned, his dark eyebrows scrunching together as his hands started shaking furiously as he grew more nervous with each passing second, not scared of what he was doing, but fearing what was going to happen after. His chin pointed towards the direction where the sound came from, his eyes staring off into the distance as they searched rapidly for the culprit, flicking North, East, South and West, just to repeat the process all over again. His calculated riddles turned to a jumble of rushed out words, no longer well thought of, no longer confusing. They were straightforward, he knew exactly what he wanted and he was going to get it. "They can't be here! They can't! I found you first! You're mine, not theirs!"

I don't want to be his. I don't want to be theirs.

Then, my face was being scraped against the tiny rocks again, slicing into my skin and ripping pieces of my cheeks apart. Little nicks had already been carved into my face, and I didn't have to see them to know they were there. The fresh sting was all I needed. His hold on me was strong and painful, and all he was doing was pushing me deeper into the dirt. I felt helpless as I tasted the gritty soil that had been rubbed on my lips start to brush against my teeth.

Out of the corner of my eye, the one that wasn't forced shut by the ground, I noticed how one of his hands had slithered it's way to my arm, and with a painful snap he twisted it in line with his mouth. I screamed at the top of my lungs, wailing loudly at the newly found pain. My vision became blurred, clouded and blocked by the waterfall of tears. The sting of his elongated fangs pricking into the skin on my wrist was barely felt.

And then, he wasn't there. His hands were no longer holding me down and cracking my body into positions my bones couldn't go, instead they were ripped off of me. Air flew past my backside, lighting up the midnight sky as if it cleaned it. There was no more pressure digging into my spine and leaving me paralyzed from fighting back, keeping me pressed against the ground as if I was meant to be stuck there forever. There was still an ache of what was left, but there was also the feeling of 'finally' and 'thank the Lord'.

A familiar, welcomed, pair of hands grabbed my waist.

W O R D C O U N T : 1558

Yeah, so like, this update feels a little bit like a filler?

I don't know, guys.

I mean, I hope it's good?

Anyways, guess who got a writing buddy? Me!

So, she literally told me that she was going to make sure I stick to my updating schedule! And, I get to help her with her writing because she wants to start a book! I'm so excited!

Her username is sadtulips and you should thank her because she's the one who's going to make sure you all have regular updates of MTM, hahaha!

All my love, 💕