Chapter 2: the Search of the Bells

Naruto is walking to Training Ground 7 reading Icha Icha, when he bumps into a girl. They end up on the ground, with Naruto on top of her. This girl is Choyoku Akimichi. She has brown, almost pink hair that goes down to the middle of her shoulders. A noticeably heftier physique. On her cheeks are swirl marks. On her forehead sits a maroon clothed Konoha Hitai-ate. She wears a sleeveless dress, that stops right before her knee. The top of her dress is white, with a red collar, and sleeves. The bottom of the dress is red. On the front of the whole outfit is a fabric-like grey armor, that has the kanji for "food" on it. Sh also wears a pair of black arm warmers that stops just past her elbow. For shoes, she wears black shinobi boot-sandals, that stop mid-calf. And finally hoop earrings.

They both blush, as they stand back up. Naruto says, "Sorry about that, I was reading..."

He then noticed that she is holding his book. Choyoku, to no one in particular asks, "Who would have thought that the "Rookie of the Year" is a huge pervert?"

The silver-haired Naruto was about to deny the female Akimichi, but then he feels major KI. The KI of his mother. Naruto turns around to see his mother, Ayame. Ayame is a slender girl with long, dark brown hair and large black eyes, plus fair skin. She wears a white robe with the sleeves folded, a sort of dark blue apron with ribbon ties at the top and a bright white bandanna. Ayame asks, "Sochi, now who's a pervert?"

Naruto lightly chuckles, as he answers, "Tou-san?"

Ayame says, "Yes he is, but he's my pervert. Plus he has a reason to be one."

Naruto says, "So he doesn't feel like a failure. I know he's told me."

Ayame asks, "Why did this lovely girl call you a pervert?"

Naruto, as he subtly takes his book from Choyoku, and is internally crying. He replies, "Kaa-chan, I don't know what you are talking about. It's just a regular book. I'd never read Icha Icha. I don't how anyone can read the smut."

Ayame says, "And don't you forget it, Sochi. Cause both of your collections might go missing someday."

Ayame smiling cutely, ruffles Naruto's hair, and then leaves. Leaving Naruto feeling down, and Choyoku on the verge of laughing.

An Akimichi boy of eight years old, then shows up. He has spiky brown hair, and looks like a standard Akimichi. The boy wears a two-tone green zipped up jacket, with a lighter shade of green being an upside down triangle. He also wears dark blue pants.

The boy says, "Nee-chan! Nee-chan! You forgot lunch." He then looks at Naruto, and asks, "Nee-chan, do you need me to beat him up?"

Choyoku says, "You don't need to beat him up. Plus he is my generation's "Rookie of the Year". Which means he is super strong."

The boy now known as Choji asks, "Even stronger than you, Nee-chan?"

Choyoku answers, "Yes Otōto, he's way stronger than me."

Choji looks at Naruto, and says, "Then you better protect my Nee-chan. Got It?"

Naruto gives the boy his signature eye-smiles, as he says, "I swear, I'll protect Choyo-hime with my life."

Choji smiles, as he runs home. He had to tell his father about this. His sister found a boyfriend, and they'd tease her for life about it. Choyoku just shudders, and then deadpans. She says, "Tou-san'll want to meet you soon."

Naruto again eye-smiles, making Choyoku blush, as he replies, "For you I'd do pretty much anything, and that includes meeting your Tou-san." He then leave to go to Training Ground 7, along with a lazy wave over his shoulder.

When Naruto gets to the training ground, he sees an angry Sakura, Konohamaru, and Kushina. Kushina then asks, "WHY ARE YOU LATE!?"

Naruto lightly chuckles, as he answers, "Well... I got lost on the road called life, met the most beautiful Kunoichi that I ever saw, and I even met her Otōto. He was so protective over her. I just had to promise to the kid that I'd protect her with my life."

Sakura replies, "But I don't have an Otōto?"

Naruto says, "Then I guess you aren't the most beautiful Kunoichi that I ever did see."

Konohamaru says, "Don't make fun of Sakura-chan like that."

Naruto waves dismissively, as he replies, "Ma Ma. It's just some light teasing by teammates. All though Sakura is in the top 5 most Beautiful Kunoichi that I ever saw."

Kushina asks, "Who are these "Beautiful" Kunoichi?"

Naruto eye-smiles, as he says, "Now Baa-chan, that would be telling, now wouldn't it?"

Kushina lightly pouts, as she gets out two bells, and lets them hang from her belt. She then says, "In order to pass you have to find me, then try to get the bells. You three have till nightfall to get the bells. In order to get the bells you have to come at me like you want to kill me... Now, GO!" She then disappears in a Shunshin.

Naruto quickly draws blood from his thumb, and slaps the ground. He says, "Kuchiyose no Jutsu!"

A small, pug-like dog with brown fur and a dark brown snout and ears appears in a puff. He has pink-coloured paws and wears the standard outfit of Kakashi's ninken which consists of a blue vest with the heno-heno-moheji seal and a Konoha hitai-ate, but his is worn on top of his head in a similar style to Sakura Haruno. He also wears a bandage on his right front leg.

Naruto asks, "Pakkun, can you track Baa-chan?"

Pakkun sniffs the ground for a while, and says, "Sorry Naruto. She has her scent everywhere, but there are only two ways that it is the strongest."

Naruto says, "Thanks Pakkun. I also isolated the strongest of her scent. Konohamaru goes with me. While Sakura goes with my Bunshin."

Sakura asks, "How can I go with your Bunshin, when they're an illusion?"

Naruto says, "Kage Bunshin no Jutsu!" a single clone appears in a puff of smoke. Naruto then continues, "This is the Kage Bunshin no Jutsu. A solid Bunshin. This Jutsu is a B-Rank Kinjutsu. Only Jounin, and above should have the control, and reserves to even attempt to learn this Jutsu. Making more than one Bunshin can kill a Shinobi. Anyway, follow me, and the Bunshin. Since our sense of smell is on par with an Inuzuka." they then go in opposite directions.

After hours of following the scent, the original Naruto suddenly stops running. Which makes Konohamaru run into Naruto. Konohamaru asks, "Why did we stop?"

Naruto says, "Baa-chan's scent is everywhere. I can't lock onto it."

Elsewhere the clone of Naruto then dives to the ground, bringing Sakura with him, and barely getting hit with a sideways slash from Kushina's katana. Naruto takes out his tanto just in time to block another slash. He then has to jump over two Chakra Chains. As soon as Naruto lands, he sees Kushina holding Sakura upside down by the ankle.

Sakura then says, "Sakura no shōshitsu (Cherry Blossoms Disappearance)!" Cherry Blossom petals covers Sakura's body allowing her to escape. Then from out of nowhere, he heard Sakura saying, "Sakura Shuriken!" Pink flower like shuriken fly towards Kushina, who blocks it with her sword, but the shuriken just goes through the sword. Signalling that it was just a Genjutsu. When Kushina dispelled the Genjutsu, she couldn't find the two Lovely Genin.

From behind, she then hears Naruto saying, "White Light Slash!" Naruto then quickly slashes the air forming a blade of white light coming towards Kushina. Instinctively jumping away, she blocks a hit from Konohamaru's bo-staff. As her chains once again wrap around Sakura, who attempted to punch her in the gut. Momentarily forgetting about Naruto, Kushina just barely gets a slash to the back.

This is when Sakura says, "Sakuragakure no Jutsu (Hiding in the Cherry Blossom Technique)! As Sakura covers the area in Cherry Blossom Petals. Allowing Naruto, and Konohamaru to double team Kushina. While Sakura took the bells.

As the Cherry Blossom Petals dissipate, Kushina notice that the bells are missing. She looks toward her team to see Sakura give Naruto, and Konohamaru the bells. Kushina then says, "You... PASS! You three are officially Genin, and my students as Team 7. Congrats! Let's get Ramen!"

And that is exactly what they do.