"Much better."

My cheeks were on fire with those few, simple words. I wondered if we could always be this close. Thoughts of losing her came to my mind often, but today, they never showed. I was content with being with her in this moment, and for the first time in my life, I wasn't worrying about the future. Instead, I cradled her in my arms, wishing for the day when I could call her my 'lover'.

*Flashback End*

"Lisa!"

I swear to God, I heard my name. Was I hearing voices now? I wouldn't be surprised.

"Lisa!"

I turned around, expecting to see no one but to my surprise, running towards me was a familiar brunette in a gorgeous wedding gown.

"Jennie," I whispered, my smile returning after a lengthy break.

I ran at top speed towards her, hoping to catch her before she would trip and fall on something in front of her. I finally caught up with her and she immediately hugged me tight. I did the same, tears rolling down my cheeks. She nuzzled her head into my chest, her tears staining my shirt.

"I love you," Jennie said, looking up at me.

"I love you too," I pushed a lock of hair that had fallen in front of her face back behind her ear, making her smile.

God, I missed that gummy smile. She leaned in close so that our noses were touching. Her thumb ran over my lip, as if she was asking for permission. I happily nodded and she closed the gap between us, if there ever was one. I smiled into the kiss, wrapping my arms around her waist. Hers went around my neck, grabbing it slightly. I wanted to stay there, kissing Jennie forever, but I had to pull away for air.

As soon as I did that, a trio of horses came barreling towards us, with royal guards as their riders. Jennie hid in my chest as I held her hand. Whatever happened, I would be there to protect her, no matter what. For I was her knight in shining armor.

"Princess, your presence is requested at the castle for your wedding," The head guard said, impatience lingering in his voice.

"No," Jennie demanded. "I am not going to marry Kai."

"Your Highness, we asked you kindly, but now, I'm afraid we'll have to move on to more drastic measures."

The head guard snapped his fingers and the two others walked over to Jennie. They grabbed her wrists, pulling her out of my grasp. A rage fired within me as I spoke up.

"Hey!" I yelled. "Get your hands off my girlfriend!"

I ran up to the first guard and punched him square in the face, leaving him in pain on the ground. The second guard tried to fend me off with his punches, but I was too quick. I kicked him in the groin, causing him to release his grip on Jennie. He yelled out curse words at me, included the dreaded 3 letter word that started with 'F.' I hoped that Jennie didn't hear him, and brought her into my arms, which she gladly melted into.

"This goes for all of you," I shouted. "If you ever lay one of your filthy hands on Jennie again, you'll have me to deal with!"

"That is considered an act of treason against your own kingdom!" The head guard yelled.

"Act of treason my ass," I retorted. "You were just threatening to hurt the princess, were you not?" He stayed in silence, which prompted me to continue. "Violence against the royal family is the highest treason I can think of."

I reached down to grab Jennie's hand, who had a look of shock on her face. I smirked down at her and she beamed, leaning into my chest a little more.

"C'mon, Jen," I led her away from the guards. "Let's leave these mouth-breathers."

She and I began to walk far away from the guards, but not before Jennie showed a token of appreciation to them, which I laughed at. Seeing her tough was to be honest, hot. I had only seen an adorable side of her, so seeing a more badass side was very alluring.

"You know, badass Jennie is hot," I noted, causing her to stop and turn to look at me.

"What, you like it?" She teased, inching closer to me.

"Very much."

"Why haven't you kissed me yet?" She asked, her teasing nature still present.

Jennie's hands wound their way into my hair, tickling my neck as she pressed her lips against mine. I held her tight, not wanting to let her go ever again. I couldn't put it into words how happy I was to have her back in my arms again. Without her, I would have gone back to the old Lisa. The one who would drink away her problems and never talk about them to anyone. But that Lisa was gone. She was buried and flowers were placed on her gravestone. All because of her, Jennie Kim. If it was legal, I'd marry her right here, but sadly our world didn't work that way. After an eternity, Jennie pulled away, leaving me breathless.

"I want to run away with you," She whispered, her voice hoarse.

"As you wish," I smiled, intertwining her fingers with mine.