Chapter Nine

*Flashback*

"What are you doing?" I asked, watching Lisa take off her jacket and place it on top of a rock.

"Going for a swim," She gestured over to the lake in front of us. "What else would I be doing?"

She took a few steps backward and then took a running leap into the clear blue waters ahead. She let out a loud cheer as her body hit the water, creating a huge splash. The water splashed up onto me, drenching me.

"Lisa!" I cried out, laughing a bit.

"Jump in!" She yelled back. "I'll catch you!"

I gave her a nod as I slowly backed up, trying to mimic the running start Lisa had. I propelled myself forward and jumped off the edge, a loud scream escaping my mouth. Suddenly, I stopped, as I fell into Lisa's arms. I smiled as I noticed that my body fit perfectly in her arms. She smiled back, as if she read my thoughts. My gaze shifted from her eyes to her lips, debating if I should lean forward, but I quickly dismissed that idea. I could feel her moving as if she was going to let me go, so I panicked.

"Don't move," I said without thinking. "I'm comfortable like this."

She looked at me questioningly, but then her lips curled into a smile. "As you wish."

I wrapped my arms around her neck as she backed up a bit, moving us to the other side of the lake. Her wet hair was slowly falling out of the bun it was in and dripping onto her shoulder. I lifted my hand up to push a lock back behind her ear, which she giggled at.

"You know, I've never seen your hair down before," I mentioned.

"You want to?"

I nodded, and she set me down on the edge of the lake. She untied the ribbon holding her blonde locks in place, letting them cascade down onto her back. I smiled as I took in her more feminine side. Before I could check her out for too long, she hoisted herself up next to me.

"You're really pretty, you know that, right?" I said, causing her to look at me in shock.

"Really?" She asked.

"Yeah."

"No one's ever called me that before," Lisa looked away from me, but I quickly stopped her by grabbing her hand.

"Then they're idiots," I shrugged. "You deserve so much better."

Lisa looked at me strangely for a second, but then her expression changed to one of warmth. I gazed into her dazzling chocolate eyes which were glittering gold in the sunlight. I pushed another strand of hair behind her ear. She squeezed my hand slightly, causing me to look back down at our clasped hands.

"You know, I like it when you hold my hand," Lisa winked at me.

"Then I'll do it more often," I said as I intertwined our fingers.

*Flashback End*

I looked in the mirror at myself one last time. The dress I was wearing was gorgeous, to say the least, from the way the fabric ruffled to the diamonds adorning my waist. Rosé had done my hair in effortless waves and Jisoo did my makeup, which was a thousand times better than what I could do. Everything was perfect, except for one thing.

Everywhere I turned, I was reminded of the fact that Lisa was gone. I just wanted to wake up from this horrible dream. I just wanted her to sneak behind me and hug my waist. I just wanted her to kiss my forehead and reassure me that everything would be okay. I just wanted her to be here. But she wasn't.

"You ready?" Rosé asked me from the door of my dressing room.

"Ready as I'll ever be," I said solemnly.