The Power of the Keyblade

The Vacant House wasn't far from where we were. As I led Sora, Donald and Goofy to the house, I couldn't help but smile. I was thrilled to be around someone from the island after everything that had happened. Even though Leon and the others told me that Sora was alright, there were days I had my doubts. When the Heartless attacked the island, I watched the island get swallowed up into darkness. I was so sure that I had lost everything. Then after finding Sora and Riku, I felt so relieved. My smile however slowly faded as I entered the house. Leon, Aerith, Yuffie and Cid had such a grim expression on their faces.

"Leon? Is everything okay?" I asked as Sora, Donald and Goofy followed me in.

Seeing Leon not willing to respond, Cid walked over and asked, "You guys ever hear of Maleficent?" The four of us shook our heads, but that name nagged at me, as Cid continued, "I hear she's in town."

"Who is she?" asked Sora.

"A witch, man, she's a witch!" Cid snapped with a hint of fear and hatred, startling us. I had never seen Cid like this before.

"She's the reason this town is full of Heartless," said Leon, "Don't take her lightly."

"She's been using the Heartless for years," added Aerith.

"We lost our world thanks to her," continued Leon.

"One day a swarm of Heartless took over our world!" explained Cid.

"That was nine years ago," added Leon.

"Nine years?" I thought, "I knew they had been here for a while, but I never knew it was that long ago."

"I got out of that mess and came here with these guys," continued Cid.

"That's awful!" said Donald.

"Our ruler was a wise man named Ansem," said Leon, "He dedicated his life to studying the Heartless."

"His reports should tell us how to get rid of the Heartless," added Cid.

"Where's this report?" asked Sora.

"We don't know," answered Leon, "It got scattered when our world got destroyed."

"I'm sure Maleficent's got most of the pages," growled Cid.

"And just when I thought we had a lead," I thought, sighing to myself, but then I sensed something dark. Probably one of the strongest darkness aura's I've ever felt, just outside the house. I rushed to the window in a panic, to which everyone took notice.

"Xidel what's wrong?" asked Yuffie.

Looking out the window, I saw nothing, and that darkness slowly faded away, "What the hell was that?"

"Xidel?" asked Sora.

"Sorry, I guess it was nothing," I said slowly backing away from the window.

"Geez Xidel, you trying to give everyone a heart attack?" nagged Sora, before receiving a punch in the head from me, "Hey!"
"Give me a break," I growled, "I thought I sensed something outside."

"You sensed something?" asked Goofy.

"Yeah, according to Leon and the gang, I have a very strong connection to light," I explained, "So I can use that connection to sense if Heartless are nearby."

"No way!" said Sora, "You're like a Heartless Detector!"

"Don't make me hit you again," I growled before continuing, "I can also sense people's auras."

"Auras?" asked Donald.

"Yeah, everyone gives off a mixture of light and dark energy," I explained, "I can use people's light energy to find where they are in the world. The connections are better if I know the person, which is why I was able to find you guys."