『 Thirteen 』

Começar do início

Jeno yanked Renjun's grip off him, narrowing his eyes at him. "The hell was that?"

Ignoring Jeno's words, Renjun began looking at the different items and plushies displayed on the shelves. Which pissed Jeno off.

"I'm calling Jisung and telling him where we are if you don't tell me," Jeno threatened, his arms crossed over his chest, looking at the boy who snapped his head to his direction with wide eyes.

"W-What? No. Don't do that," Renjun whined, walking over to Jeno with a pout.

"Then tell me."

"You don't need to kn-"

"I said, tell me," Jeno ordered more sternly.

Renjun went silent for a moment before mumbling, "Fine." He glanced around the store, making sure no one was near them to hear his embarrassing confession. "You see... WheneverI'mnearjaeminIcan't-"

"Stop." Jeno pinched his thumb and index finger on the bridge of his nose, already frustrated with the boy babbling in front of him. "Can you say it slowly? I can't understand a single thing you're saying."

Renjun just nodded, processing everything he'd say before blurting it out. "Sorry. I just don't understand why I feel this way towards Jaemin."

Jeno tilted his head, his interest peaking at the boy's words. "Na Jaemin?"

"Do you know another Jaemin? I don't think so. Now please listen," Renjun snapped, making Jeno zip his mouth shut. "You know how long I've been resenting this guy... He's supposed to be my rival. So why does my heartbeat so fast whenever he's around?... I feel like my world is changing faster than I can even process," Renjun explained.

Jeno scanned Renjun's distressed face, placing a hand on his shoulder and pulling him into a hug. "What're you saying?... You've never hated him Injun-ah," Jeno muttered, resting his chin on top of the boy's head. Renjun wrapped his arms around Jeno's torso, squeezing him firmly. He knew Jeno was right. He's never hated Jaemin. Although he wanted too, he couldn't. It was always easier said than done.

"If you really like him, then pursue it. Don't be so stubborn. You'll only end up hurting yourself," Jeno advised, pulling away from Renjun, but still keeping an arm around his shoulder. "Okay?"

"I don't know... It's hard for me to say things out loud, especially if it's in front of Jaemin," Renjun admitted.

"It's okay. You'll get there," Jeno reassured, smiling at Renjun. "Now let's go find them."

Renjun didn't fight it this time. He low-key wanted to see Jaemin anyway, so why not?

With Jeno's arm still draped around Renjun's shoulder, they made their way out of the store. Renjun began looking around while Jeno typed on his phone trying to contact Jisung for his whereabouts.

"They're at a café on the other side of the mall. Let's go," Jeno announced. They both began walking at a casual pace towards the café, sharing a conversation about the gifts they plan on giving this year.

Finally nearing the café, Renjun spotted the three boys seated inside, at a table by the window.

Mark was the first to spot them, waving them over. Jisung kept his attention on his phone. While Jaemin looked at what Mark was waving at. He immediately felt a burning fire rise in his chest as he watched Jeno walk with his arm around Renjun, both laughing at whatever Jeno had said. Jisung glanced up from his phone looking at the jaw clenched boy seated in front of him. Rolling his eyes when finding what was making the boy so riled up.