chapter 3 . The Crazy Couple

After the satisfactory negotiation with Grandpa, Manik was really happy. But then all his happiness went down the commode as he saw Nandini's poker face.

Manik ( scared ) : hey bhagwan ji. ..yeh. ..aise kyon ghur rahi hai? ???....pataa nehin isske chhote dimaag mein ab kaun sa musibaat paal raha hai! !!!!

Within few minutes of unlocking the door of their apartment, Manik found himself backed up against it.

Sensing Nandini's hot breath on his cheeks, Manik stuttered " yeh. ..tum. ..tum itne. .paas. .kyon khaadi ho? ???...thoda dur. .raho naa. ..."

Caging Manik between her both the arms, Nandini started " toh. ..kuch der pehele tum Grandpa se kya keh rahe the? ?????? "

Shivering out of nervousness, Manik tried to speak " kya. ..kya kaha maine? ???? "

Taking full advantage of their position, Nandini darted " very bad Amnesia - se - bhugatne - wale - Malhotra! !!!!...itni jaldi kaise bhul gaye haan! !!!...waha toh Grandpa ke saamne badi badi baatein kar rahe the! !!!....tum meri zimidari ho! !!!...tumhari khushi meri zimidari hai! !!!...main har situation mein tumhara saath nibhaunga and all! !!!....waise. ...did you actually mean all of it? ???...yeah sirf Grandpa ka Paplu baanaya! !!!!!!"

Saying this, Nandini gave her best Sherlock - Holmes - wala - look.

Getting back his composure, Manik raised his hands to caress Nandini's cheeks " Nandini. ...I know tumhare liye logo ko pein trust karna bahut difficult hai! !!!....and issliye I won't ask you to trust me even! !!!...but then joh bhi maine Grandpa ke saamne kaha. ...all of it was true! !!!...chahein koi bhi situation ho. ...I will always be there with you! !!!! "

Nandini ( pov ) ( touched ) : how the heck does he always manages to calm down my insecurities! !!...ajeeb hi species hai yeh toh! !!...kaha main masti karne ke bareme socch rahi thi. ..iss ne ulta senti hi kar diya! !!! ( suddenly the realisation hits her ) ek minute. .. aise kaise Majnu Malhotra ko jaane doo! !!!...bada shauk hai naa har situation mein saath nibhane ka. ...let's see. ..ab mere Pyaarelal Malhotra kaise bacchte hai! !!!....hehe. ...

Taking her hands off him,  Nandini declared " chalo jaldi se freshen up hoke aao...we are gonna spend the day together!!! "

Confused with the sudden change in Nandini's tone, Manik felt a bit suspicious.

Not at all giving Manik the time to materialize his thoughts, Nandini ranted " arrey aise Statue - of - liberty - wale - Malhotra baan ke kyon khade ho???...please hurry up naa..your Golu Molu is really hungry.."

Giving into Nandini's puppy - dog - wala - face,  Manik failed to notice the mischief in her eyes.

Nandini's hunger acted as a super motivator for Manik , as he changed his dress within a blink of an eye .

The next moment,  Manik was treated with the sight of Nandini setting up the table for their luncheon.

Giving the most innocent smile, Nandini cooed " arrey waah...tum toh Flying - Jatt - wale - Malhotra nikle "

All of a sudden feeling extremely shy , Manik only managed to ruffle his hair. While a red hue settled on both of his cheeks.

Getting settled on the table,  as soon as Manik noticed the food, his heart almost lept out of his mouth.

His whole plate was looking way too colorful with sprouts and all sorts of mysterious veggies.

Capturing the horrified look on Manik's face, Nandini had a bit of soul talk " har situation mein saath nibhane ka wada kiya tha!!!!...par laagta hai inn vegetables ka color dekh ke Majnu Malhotra ke pyaar ka color uttar gaya!!!  "

Manik looked at the plate, as if he was attending the funeral of his food.

Manik ( depressed) ( pov) : Nandini ka har situation mein saath nibhane ka wada kiya tha!!!!....par yeh situation kam...suicide zyaada hai!!!

Interrupting Manik's thoughts, Nandini urged " kya hua????...tum kuch khaa kyon nehi rahe????"

Startled by Nandini's voice, Manik blurted out " jai mata di!!!!"

Nandini questioningly gaped at Manik " tumne kuch kaha kya ???? "

Nodding his head like a pendulum, Manik tried to cover up " Nahi Golu Molu...maine sacchi mein kuch nehi kaha !!!!"

Giving an interrogative look at Manik,  Nandini started munching on her veggies.

Taking a deep breath, for the last time Manik thought " hey non veg!!!!....pataa nehi aaj main aapne muh se kaun kaun se vegetables khaane ka paap karne jaa raha hu!!!!...ho sake toh please mujhe maaf kar dena!!!"

Sitting opposite to Manik, Nandini tried hard to decode Manik's animated looks.

Raising his ultimate weapon a.k.a the spoon, Manik moved to his battlefield...a.k.a his plate.

Without wasting any time, Manik scooped some of the vegetables in his spoon and in the next instant, it disappeared into his mouth.

For few seconds, Manik actually didn't know what to do with the veggies in his mouth. Partially chowing off the vegetables, Manik gulped them down. And he continued with the same process, until and unless the torture was over.

Once Manik had defeated all the vegetables, Manik snowed the blank plate to Nandini, as if he had won some medal.

While Nandini's jaw dropped on witnessing Manik's ninja technic of finishing the food.

Hence the winner of round 1 was undoubtedly Manik...