Melancholy

(Melancholy, the work of art inspired by insomnia,3 bottles of monster and a school essay I never finished)

Pairing: Eren x Armin

Word Count: 1319

Trigger Warning: Blindness,Depression

****

"You are destroying yourself,Eren,you need stop living the past" Mikasa said troughtout her scarf, Eren had been somewhat depressed or absent for a long while, Mikasa didn't notice until one day, they where walking down the hallway to their next class when they spotted Sasha being bullied, Mikasa ran to help her while Eren just kept walking,once Sasha was safe and hurrying to her classroom Mikasa asked Eren why he didn't help her, he just looked at Mikasa's deep grey eyes for some seconds and that was when she understood what he was going trought.

Eren sighed and walked out of the room, he did not want to hear Mikasa's speech again, she didn't understand what he felt, he was cold to everyone and didn't really talked at all, he was almost all the time alone in his bedroom thinking, he didn't like anyone's company...anyone's...but his.

The only person he wanted to be around was Armin, but trying to be with Armin was impossible, and that's why he was cold as a rock to everyone, since the day Armin had that horrible car crash and ended up blind, Eren would've gone everyday to see him at the hospital, and when he was out, to his house, Eren would talk to him for hours, but Armin would never reply or even express any emotion, Eren was devastated, his best friend was gone, maybe not physically, but emotionally he wasn't present, they told Eren that Armin was just in shock, that he needed time to recover, but months passed by and Armin was still the same serious, 'shocked' blond haired boy, so Eren stopped trying and just entered in the same depressed mode Armin had been for almost a year now;Eren closed his bedroom door shut and sat in his bed looking at the wall infront of him, it was full of photographs of Armin and him, they both looked so happy and full of joy;Eren started laughing while tears started to rush trough his face, he was going nuts, he didn't understand why Armin was so harsh with him and only with him, what did he do to make him be that way? it's not like he made him blind or something, and he couldn't stop crying, cause Armin was his everything, he loved him, he wanted to be with him 'til the end, he needed him more than anything...

Those were his lasts thoughts before he ended up sleeping like every night, lulled by his uncontrolable sobs

----

Eren woke up the next morning with a terrible headache, he was used to them now but some where even more horrible than others, this,was one of them, however he managed to get ready for school in a matter of minutes and walked downstairs to have breakfast that basically consisted in a piece of bread and a quarter of a water glass, Mikasa tried to make him eat at least one meal correctly, but that morning something was out of the normal, Eren coudn't really tell what, but he sensed Mikasa had done something, he didn't mind cause he had other things to worry about, like his terrible headache and not finding his iPod anywhere.

Mikasa had been smiling a lot that day and Eren couldn't tell why, maybe she had finally found herself a boyfriend...or girlfriend, or she just passed her classes with the best grades,however he was still in the same mood as always and it just got worst when he heard Marco and Connie talking about Armin and how he was reading again with those special books for blind people, he was somehow happy about it, knowing that Armin was doing well but at the same time he was jealous of them, jealous of how they were getting well still with Armin, he shook his head and kept on walking, he reached his locker and opened it where a little piece of paper slid to the floor, Eren took it in his hands and read "We need to talk, The Field 5:00pm" he didn't know who send it and it was almost impossible to know as it was made with cutouts from magazines and newspapers.

----

He was now standing infront of his bedroom door, he was fully dressed and his palms where sweating a little, he didn't know what to expect from this, he didn't even want to go but something in the way it was done made it seem like it was important,so without thinking it more he stood out of his bedroom and rushed to the field where he and the mysterious person were going to meet.

He was there, but the field was almost empty the only ones there where Eren and an eldery couple, he decided to keep walking further, maybe the person was by the river, so he did, and that was the moment he spotted the mysterious person, he knew perfectly that it was him, it was Armin.

It was clear now, why Mikasa was so smily all day, why everyone seemed to talk about Armin all of a sudden, he couldn't believe it, but his only question now was, 'what is he going to tell me?'
Armin by the other hand was nervous, he didn't know how to excuse himself for leaving behind his best friend, but it wasn't only his fault but his fears, he feared that Eren hated him, he even convinced himself at one point that Eren did hate him but when Mikasa appeared at his house and told him how Eren was living he knew he had to do something,so both of them planned this, Mikasa did the letter and convinced Jean to open Eren's locker and put it in there while Armin was preparing himself to explain himself.
"I'm here" a voice in front of him said, he almost didn't recognized it, it had been almost a year since he heard Eren's sweet voice, Armin smiled a little, if only he could see him
"Hey...it's been a while" Armin said 'crap crap crap what am i even doing' he thought seconds after,he regret it what kind of piece of shit would start a conversation like that after what happened? he felt a hand in his arm rubbing it
"It's okay Armin, I know it's been a while" Armin didn't realized it after, but his hands where sweating and he was shaking a little, he felt himself blushing and he instantly looked at the floor hoping Eren didn't notice
"I've got so much to tell you, you know?" Eren nooded his head but remembered that Armin couldn't see him "tell me" he said calmly but Eren was still nervous, 'maybe he just wanted to tell me that he hates me' he shook his head at his thought glad Armin couldn't see that
"I-I'm sorry, I was afraid, afraid you hated me because I was blind, afraid you didn't want to be my friend anymore and even more afraid that now that I couldn't see you would have taken advantage of me" Armin said while some tears fell to his cheeks, Eren wiped every single one of them and hugged him tight
"I would never, ever hate you, neither take advantage of you, that's so so sick" Eren said and felt like it was now or never, so he put his handon Armin's cheek and gently places his lips to the other's; Armin was shocked, he couldn't believe that was happening, the thing he always dreamed of
"Sorry, A-Armin really! I'ts just that-" Eren was cut off by Armin kissing him, it was sweet and full of emotion, something both were wainting for a long time, Armin was the fist one to separate from the other to recover some air.
"Armin?" Eren asked while they were walking home,now,holding hands
"mhmm?" Armin replied
"I love you" Eren said before kissing Armin's neck
I love you too" Armin responded smiling, it was real, they were together and now nothing could separate them because Armin trusted him more than he ever did.