Energy (feat. Beyonce)

AN: Because I have a few people in mind for the first-person narrator and can't just choose one lol, you all can go with your imagination <3

It's a part of my job to meet people. I am always interacting with new and old faces. That's what happens when you are active in your community. When you meet new people, you're among all types of energies. That's why I'm big on self-care. Not everyone has good intentions, even when they are smiling in your face. So while I've always been a people-person, the older I get, the more aware I become about the necessity of protecting my energy.

I've met a lot of different characters. Some are interesting right away, and for others who are on the shy side, their light is a little slower to shine; but once it does, they shine bright and I am able to remember their name or face at the very least. And then there are some people I've met and they're not impressive. That's no shade but I think we can all agree that some people stand out more than others.

All this to say, I was at a charity event to support one of my connects. It's a day in the life type of thing for me, expensive drinks, people who are there just to be seen, people who are really about the cause, and people who act like they were dragged there. 

I'm in conversation with one of my mentees who was now starting her own business, when someone calls my name. I'm used to it so I hold onto my conversation a few seconds longer before apologetically smiling and turning towards the interrupter.

It's one of my former classmates from grad school days.

"Hey Brad!" I say, genuinely excited to see a face I haven't seen in years.

Once I see the woman standing next to him, he fades from my memory. I'm enchanted towards this woman and we haven't even said a word to each other. She's a beauty with an undeniable aura.

Brad introduces her as his "fiancée," and her name apparently is Beyonce. A unique name for sure. She has curves and breasts for days as accentuated in her dress and her face is black barbie pretty. Even her hands are pretty.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, I love what you do," she says, extending her hand.

I hold onto her hand and shake it while holding eye contact. "Well thank you. What kind of work do you do?"

She smiles. "I'm a filmmaker."

"Really? I'd love to see your work."

I say this often to people but now is one of those times that I really mean it.

"You guys have to talk," Bradley chimes in, putting his hand on both me and Beyonce's backs.

I smile. "I agree."

"I can tell a lot of people want to talk to you and there are some people I want to meet too, so why don't we find each other in say...15 minutes?" Beyonce suggests.

"Smart lady. I'm with it, Beyonce. Should I take your number?"

She nods. "Can I have your phone?"

Ooh, she's assertive. I hand it over to her and she smiles, inputting her information.

"Okay, looking forward to it," I say once she's given me her number.

"Mhm." She smirks. "I hope you don't forget about me."

She has no idea how much I want another, longer moment with her. 

"I highly doubt it," I reply with a light smirk. 

Exactly 17 minutes later, Beyonce and I have finished making our rounds around the room. She texts me that she's in the lobby. I make sure to go to the bathroom to freshen up and then I take the elevator to the first floor. She's easy to spot in the grand design of the lobby, the gold accents compliment her in fact. Her phone has her attention as she sits at the bar.