She walked over to the door and opened it up slightly.

“Sally, let me in,” Norman said sticking his fingers through the cracked door.

She waited until her removed his hand before shutting the door and unlocking the chain. She opened the door fully and saw Norman standing in front of her smoking a cigarette.

She tilted her head slightly at his sight. He had been drinking.

“Can I come in?” he asked pressing his body against hers.

She stood to the side and he walked in stumbling on nothing and grabbing on the counter.

“Whoa,” he said laughing at himself.

“What are you doing?” she asked crossing her arms not amused by him.

“I’m visiting my girlfriend,” he said walking towards her with his arms outreached. He had his cigarette hanging from his mouth.

“You’re drunk,” she said putting a hand against his chest.

“I've had a few,” he said now nuzzling his face in her neck.

Sally wanted nothing more than to be held by Norman and comforted by him, but he wouldn't be able to provide her that support. Not with how intoxicated he was. Against her better judgment, she wrapped he arms around him, but jumped back when she felt a burning on her back.

“Ouch! Fuck, Norman,” she said touching her back where he accidentally burned her with his lit cigarette.

“I’m sorry. It was an accident,” he said laughing as he put his hands up to surrender.

“That hurt,” she said swatting at him.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry. Look, I’ll put it out,” he said reaching across the counter and putting the cigarette out in the sink. “See, cigarette free.”

Sally went back into his arms and hugged him tightly. He started his assault on her neck again and Sally inhaled in his chest deeply.  She pulled back suddenly again when there was a foreign smell coming from his clothing.

“What?” he asked laughing at her facial expression.

“Do I smell perfume on you?” she asked shocked.

Norman stood there for a moment.

“Women’s perfume?” he asked picking his shirt up and smelling it. “I guess so,” he shrugged as though it was no big deal.

“Why do you smell like women’s perfume?” she asked taking a step back slightly.

“I dunno. I hugged some people goodbye tonight. It must be from one of them,” Norman said surprised by Sally’s accusation.

Sally stood there staring into Norman’s eyes that were glossed over from alcohol intake. She didn't say anything.

“Christ, Sally, what?” Norman asked annoyed.

“Nothing. I’m tired,” she said and started to walk past him.

“Are you serious?” he asked loudly.

“Yeah, I am. I had a rough day and my night isn't getting any better. I’m going to bed,” she said annoyed.

“Whatever,” Norman said annoyed. “I’m leaving,” he said and left the apartment.

Sally stood there with her mouth agape surprised that he left. She felt her eyes water and the last thing she wanted to do was cry again. She was disappointed with Norman and his lack of support. It was as though he had completely forgotten that Morgan had left earlier that day. Her heart dropped when she waited to see if he’d return and he never did.