Chapter 17: Bento and Mother

Start from the beginning

"Chisaki-chan, you can have mine!" a random boy jumped in front of Tsuna and placed a yakisoba bun on my table.

"Chisaki-chan, have some of my rice!"

"I have a melon bread!"

"We won't let you starve!"

Food piled up my desk till it reached full capacity. Stone-shocked by the overwhelming food donations, I was lost at words. A hand clamped on my shoulder as Hana cheekily smirked at me.

"Good for you to have caring classmates, Miss popular"

"I don't think I can eat everything," I sweatdropped. Suddenly, the whole class backed away from the windows. Their faces paled behind me.

I questioned their antics and looked at the window. Raven hair shadowed grey eyes. My jaw dropped as Hibari Kyoya stood on the windowsill.

He glared at the people and grumbled under his breath.

"What are you herbivores crowding about her," he sneered. The class backed ten feet from us. He narrowed his eyes at me and tossed a box on my lap.

Oh, he bought my bento lunch for me.

"Thank you, Kyoya!" I smiled at him. The skylark scoffed and entered the classroom. Choked gasps heard behind me as the whole class stared wide-eyed.

They whispered prayers as they waited for a beating to our lovely protagonist. To their surprise, Hibari walked by her and exited the classroom.

The class was in an uproar as they surrounded me.

"Chisaki-chan, you know Hibari-san!"

"What in the world happened to him!"

"I thought he would beat you to death!"

I deadpanned at the commotion. I could not keep up with the response as people continued to throw questions at me. The classroom door slammed open as our dear skylark glared murderously at the students.

"Quiet down, or I'll bite you all to death."

The class shut their mouths and rushed back to their seats to avoid the skylark's threat.

I sighed in relief as I sent a grateful look at Kyoya.

"Chisaki-chan, you know the Hibari Kyoya?!" Hana immediately came to my side.

"It's a long story," I scratched my head. I did not want to voice out that I lived with him. The whole class would explode in disbelief as rumors spread around. I hate being in the center of attention. I have enough stares from others. I would like to keep it at a minimum.

"Is he someone you are close with?" Hana asked as her curiosity aroused.

"No, he is a family friend," I told her. It was not a lie, but not the full truth. At least I satisfied their curiosity.

"I am quite surprised that you know the head prefect," Kyoko added. "The students, teachers, and residents here feared him. However, I could see he is kind enough to bring your bento to you."

"He can be scary and beat people up. However, he is still a good person to keep the peace in Namimori," I defended Kyoya.

Kyoya may be a bit out of reason. To me, he was the kindest person I have met. A delinquent looked terrifying on the outside due to their intimidating appearance. People failed to notice the goodness inside when he picked up a stray cat in the streets.

Not all bad people were horrible, like Mukuro and Hibari.

"Also, Chisaki-chan, what are you going to do with the leftovers?" Hana pointed at the pile of food.