14 - Stockholm Syndrome

Jack

He knew. He knew what was happening to Jonah, and it excited him. Stockholm Syndrome. However, it was apparent that he was still afraid of Jack. Whenever he snapped he sometimes fell back into his old ways of shutting down.
Jack could not pull the full story out of him without making him go blank.

-

"Jack?" The name had started being used commonly in the household. It was odd to hear for the dark haired man as no one knew him as such, in the small town.

"Yes, Jonah?" Jack watched as he swallowed his nerves and asked for something for the first time.

"Ca- can I... we... spend the night in the Piano Room?"
He pondered for a moment, and then came up with a better idea,

"How about you spend the night in my bedroom?"

Jonah nodded his head and Jack went back to watching him eat his breakfast. He was getting too skinny so he had been given many large meals to compensate for the neglect. Jack brought him several plates on a platter each morning, afternoon, and evening. He also allowed him two trips to the piano room a week.

It took about ten minutes for him to finish breakfast, and Jack took the plate and went upstairs to do some work for MyCell. His new project was assigned to days ago. This one entailed him to help redesign the U.S. Census Bureau website to separate press releases and information. It would still take him a day or two to complete.

-

Jack found that he loved the power that came with controlling another human being. He knew that was why murder satisfied him, but now that he found a sensual way to control another, he forfeited the activity.
It may have been that his latest victim had given him no sense of authority or it could have been Jonah, but whatever it was, he did not have an aptitude for blood anymore. However, he did have an aptitude for sex.

He was always good at anything he tried his hand at, and sex was one of them. He never thoroughly enjoyed it, but it seemed to be a way to pass time while in meaningless relationships with girls from his highschool. He thought that maybe he was gay, but he then realized that he just did not have the emotional capabilities that the average person had. That was, until he met Jonah. The pull towards him was different than the others he chose. It was driven by more impulse than general interest. The impulse grew into something never felt before by Jack... emotions.

As Jonah lie in his arms that night after rigourus fornication, Jack felt comfort. A feeling he did not know existed. He felt as though that boy was supposed to be exactly where he was.

-

While he slept with the boy in his own arms, Jack felt him start to shake violently. Soon, he also started to speak.

"Please! No, I wont--" tears fell from his eyes as he seemed to shake more. Jack panicked and pulled Jonah closer, running a hand through his hair as he drew circles in his back.

"Shh... Jonah, it's me, Jack," he tried to soothe him best he knew how, and slowly it worked. Jonah woke up and gripped at Jack's back.

"I'm so sorry... I'm sorry" he cried and wept uncontrollably, beginning to shake again, and pushing away to sit up.
Jack felt an immediate chill run over him. He watched Jonah pull his knees to his chest and bury his head in his arms.
The only thing he knew to do was sit up as well and wrap an arm around the poor boy. He could not relate on an emotional standpoint and could not help him.

Finally calming down, Jack decided it was time. Jonah was going to tell him what was wrong.

"Are you ready to talk about it?"
Jonah nodded and took a deep, labored breath.

-

"When I was nineteen, I..." he tried to hold down his sobs as Jack watched the tears fall from the boy's eyes, "I got involved with a gang called 'Onix'... I um was making drops for them for... money" Jonah stopped for a moment to compose himself before continuing.
"Onix helped me with my living costs and paid for school, so it all worked out. Until, I made a drop which payment was never received. The man I was supposed to collect from had some of his guys knock me out, then he took off with the drugs. Our leader... Rashaad, told me I had to...to..." he broke down and Jack was not sure what to do. Normally he would shut down so this was new.

He sobbed uncontrollably for several minutes until Jack soothed him and gave him a warm cup of tea.

"What did he make you do Jonah?"

"He... he told me I had to kill the guy who took off and when I said no, he... he gave me my scars" Jonah traced over them slowly and hung his head low. Jack slowly got angrier whenever he thought abou them, "but he still forced me to kill him... and so I did"

Jack watched Jonah's eyes turn cloudy again as he shut down. This time, for a while.