I quickly head out. I trust the girls to close up. They take turns, giving them that extra responsibility makes them feel that we are a part of a team and we are. A very good one.

I’m heading out to home. Shalina is staying with our neighbour. They have become more than just neighbours to Shalina and I. My baby has become very close with their daughter Amina. They happen to be a  a muslim family who moved to spain from England... around about the same time when we got back five years ago. Habing them living next door  is a bonus really as the girls have become inseparable. Sleep overs are a constant and popping over is so convenient...Plus free babysitting as Amina is an only child and her parents love it when Shalina comes over .

Her mother, Anam reminds me so much of Medina. The same pretty hazel eyes and the same devotion to Allah and her religion. The fact that her husband is a Spaniard was a surprise. He has reverted to Islam. Anam says it took her Husband a couple of years to revert, he wasn’t ready in the beginning and so she waited until finally unite they united  as a couple.

 The waiting has resulted in her parents disowning her as they were against Anam marrying an athiest, cutting off all ties means they don’t know about Marcus reverting to Islam. It’s a terrible shame as Anam misses them and they are missing out on Amina and Marcus.

Their story reminds me so much of Medina’s and Jake’s story. I guess if you’re meant to be  you're meant to be.

Kismeth and all that.

Pulling up in my driveway I look over to see Shalina and Amina in the tree house. They happily wave at me as I make my way over to see Anam. Marcus is away on business and she has invited me to spend the night. 

Upon entering the kitchen my senses are bombarded with the smell of delicious cooking. Smiling, I make my way, following the smell.

“Anam, baby girl what have you been up to?” I see her stirring a pot of something, she turns and smiles at me.

“Oh Assalamu Alaikum beautiful. I wanted to make your favourite Biryani and kebabs.” 

“ Walaikim Assalam...Ahh..I’m so blessed to have you in my life Anam”. I hug her from behind and give a kiss on her cheek.

She giggles as she’s so ticklish.

“Well dear, Allah has brought us together and Alhumdulilah I feel the same”. She quickly goes to lower the flame on the kebabs.

Multi tasking queen Anam was superb in the kitchen. She has shown me so many dishes to cook... but my biggest achievement is finally conquering the perfect kebabs and biryani. She has been really patient and it finally paid off.

“Okay let me wash up and tell me what I need to do to help”. I quickly go over to the sink to wash my hands.

“Actually you don't need to do anything. Sit your pretty self down and tell me about your day”. She waits for me to do exactly that.

Damn, I love this woman.

Settling myself I put my face in my hands and explain all about my day. We talk and talk until food is finally ready and calling the girls inside she settled in the living room on the floor eating the delicious food and enjoying each other's company.

My life in spain has become bearable with Anam, Marcus and Amina moving here.They have become our family. Anam  disownment from her family has hurt her really bad, she calls me and Shalina a blessing from Allah. We feel the same way..I see her as my sister and Marcus as my brother.

 Maybe Allah is also looking out for me and I’m grateful. Anam’s influence is rubbing off on me regarding religion. She makes me see things in a whole new way. The way she explains it in her tranquil voice gives me inner peace. She’s even teaching Shalina the Quran along side Amina. I’m proud to say that she is on the Fifteenth chapter of the holy book so far and when she reads out loud to me sometimes , I feel so proud of her.