Chapter Seventeen: ChibiUsa's Melancholy! The Pink Moon Crystal's Grace.

"Chibi-Usa, I have given you the final result on my checkup on Hotaru. She has a bone in her ribcage that is sticking out and probably won't heal for a few weeks, so she will probably not be able to fight the enemy for a while. Are you okay with that?" Ami went over the situation with Chibi-Usa.

"But, that's the thing, I just want Hotaru-chan to get better. Whoever gave Ara the power to hurt my future girlfriend like that must pay for that! It's so stupid. I've had enough. I don't want her to be ill like she was before, and I don't like seeing her hurt, so, of course Ara has to fling an energy blast at my best friend and future girlfriend! It's... I just want her to get better. I don't want to fight that woman without my girlfriend!" Chibi-Usa rambled, frustrated at the condition of her friend.

"It's only a few weeks," Ami reassured her. "It won't last forever. In fact, she will be better in no time at all."

"I... I'm... fine... Chibi-Usa..." Hotaru assured her, in between coughing up a deep red liquid. "I'll be fine... it'll only be a week or two... Don't worry..." I looked at Hotaru and saw what she was coughing up. Blood.

"I don't want to see you like this. I don't enjoy seeing you like this. It's horrible. Why did Ara do that to you?" Chibi-Usa lamented . "I will never forgive her, or Ruri. You can count on that, Taru. I can't believe that woman, thinking she could make one of her Generals hold so much power in them. It's stupid. I can't believe her nerve!" Chibi-Usa broke down crying, angry at seeing Hotaru like that.

"Yeah, it's like if somebody tried to hurt Yaten. I would get really mad," Minako considered.

"Can it, Aino," Chibi-Usa snapped, tearing up. "You don't understand. Nobody understands. How DARE you compare Yaten, whom you've only dated a few months, to someone I've known for years?! Honestly, I don't think you understand how painful it is to see her like this. I've known her for SUCH a long time and I HATE seeing her how she is now! How dare you think I believe you know everything, Venus!"

She ran out of the room, crying. She only looked back to see Hotaru, and then she disappeared down the hall.

"What was that about?" Minako asked.

"What do you think it's about, Aino?" Haruka shot back, a cruel edge to her voice.

"I only mentioned Yaten," she responded. "Chibi-Usa didn't need to act the way she did. She was so harsh and it hurt me. She didn't need to be like that. She could have just said..."

"Stop making excuses," I countered, coldly. "Hotaru is hurt. She is Chibi-Usa's future girlfriend. Hotaru is someone she really cares for and is really close to. Chibi-Usa doesn't want her future girlfriend to be hurt, and it didn't help that Ara was the one that hurt her. Hotaru had been in an accident years ago, which caused severe injury to her body. Now that she is reborn, she was given a second chance. If you want me to put it simply, Hotaru is hurt, Chibi-Usa is feeling so many emotions at once and is so hurt about what has transpired, and you tipped the poor girl off the scales. Do you want me to say it? Because I am very capable of saying that, and I'm absolutely positive it will be something that will hurt you."

"Well, I don't wanna hear it, then, Usagi," Minako huffed. "Why can't anyone in this world ever be nice to me?"

"Maybe because you say things that you allegedly don't mean?" Michiru offered. "Small Lady isn't feeling her greatest, so why would you do something that would just madden her more? Poor Small Lady, and poor Hotaru."

"Hotaru looks like she will be healing up quite quickly," Ami observed, alarmed. "Usagi, could you please check up on Chibi-Usa?"

I nodded. "Hai," I agreed, rushing off to where I thought she would have gone. I turned back and heard Minako hiss...

"That little gremlin!"

I then left for the last time, not turning back. I heard a humming noise coming from Hotaru's usual sleeping quarters, as the girl was still in the infirmary with Ami and the others, being healed. I sighed as I opened the door. Chibi-Usa was holding out her Pink Moon Crystal, letting it warm her body as she made a wish. And I could easily guess what that wish was. She barely noticed that I was there, and I watched, hearing her calling on my Silver Moon Crystal to help her heal Hotaru. She wanted to help her friend. She said, over and over, that it was the only thing she could do to repay her for all she had done for her. I smiled as her future self told her that her wish was granted and faded back into the Crystal, the Crystal fading into her body.

My daughter finally looked up at me, deep red eyes full of tears. She sighed and gave me a hug, my blue eyes shining, and I saw my daughter in a light that the others should have seen her in - she just really, really cared for Hotaru and wanted the girl to be safe and well. I would want the same for anyone. Her eyes flicked down to the floor and sighed, as if she was going to ask me a question, but, whatever it was, it wasn't asked. We stood in silence for a little while. My cerulean eyes met her red ones and we both stared at the floor for a while.

She glanced back up at me, sighing, and got up from the floor. She walked to Hotaru's bed, said nothing, and cried. She cried for a good few hours and all I could do was watch. She was uncomfortable. She looked at me and shook her head.

"I'm not ready to fight yet," she murmured, finally, looking up to meet my gaze.

And then I hugged her.

"I heard that explosion go off, and... I just can't fight without her. I don't have my motivation anymore. It was like... almost how you needed Papa in order to have the strength to fight, at least some of the time," she explained.

She hugged me back and we gazed back up at the ceiling, squinting at the chandelier.

"I had the power of both Crystals and used it to accelerate Hotaru-chan's healing," she added.

"I should transform," I stated.

There was a short pause.

She nodded sagely. "Go," she instructed.