39

I've done this so many times. Snuck into buildings... rescuing. But this was the first time I've ever felt this pit in my stomach weighing me down. I was truly afraid. What if Katsuki isn't who he was anymore since he's been isolated from the outside world ? I wanted to puke from the emotions I was feeling.

"Do you sense anyone?" Deku asked as we snuck our way inside the building.

I placed my hands on the ground and focused. "A lot.. there's so many people in this building . We're gonna need back up."

"Back up will come."Aizawa mumbled from behind me.

"We're gonna have to split up." Deku said. "This building is to big. Todoroki and i will-"

"Are u fucking crazy? We're outnumbered as it is!" I hissed

"He's right. Y/n and i will cover this floor. You two go." Aizawa instructed.

"I work better with Shoto." I complained.

"Your with me. I don't want you to get your hopes up."

"What do you mean?"

"Bakugo isn't weak. He'd take the whole building down with him. I just find it hard to believe he remained a prisoner for 5 years."

"How dare you insinuate that he could ev-"

"I'm not. I'm just saying we should expect the worse and be prepared for it." Aizawas eyes told me how serious he was. And I hate to admit but he's right. Bakugo was powerful. But he's not like that.

We carefully made through the floor we were on. Nothing but empty rooms and scrap metals left behind collecting dust.

"What do you think we're gonna find?" I asked

"Honestly I have no idea."

"Should've brought Eri with you. We could use some one like her."

"Eri is still a wild card. She's got the hang of her quirk but the familiar faces could trigger her emotions.."

"She's Not emotionally stable yet?"

"She's got a lot of trauma to get through. Those things don't just blow over."

"Either way. I feel like we're at a complete disadvantage.."

"Because you acted on impulse. Something I can't stress enough. You know better. Now we have to wait for every available hero to hopefully make it here in time since you didn't make any of this aware to us prior."

"You knew about this and watched me cry ... why didn't you just tell me? Coming back home to this. Thinking he left me for someone else. My insides were eating at itself Aizawa. I was breaking apart right in front of you."

"Did you ever think I stayed quiet to avoid you doing something like this? Your head is as hard as your quirk. You matured but your still predictable"

Carefully making our way a few doors down I knelt down touching the ground. " someone's nearby."

"How many?"

".. Fuck... there's at least 50... maybe more."

"Can you detect moving ?"

"Just one. Everyone else is still."

"Nomus perhaps.. we'll take down the one standing. Pull the plug on the rest."

"You mean kill them?"

Aizawa looks at me before lowering his goggles. "It's them or us."

Walking straight to the door I kicked it down and charged foward.

"Y-y/n..."

My body froze... I stumbled back in complete shock as Aizawa jumped in front of me. "Katsuki." I whispered breathlessly. Staring at the clipboard in his hand "what are you..."

"He's one of them.." Aizawa Called out.

"No.." my lip quivered in disbelief "no... no.. there's no way .."

"After the second year I realized no one was coming to get me. So I saved myself. I guess the cats out the bag.." he smirked

"You don't want to do this bakugo." Aizawa warned. "We're here for you. You can come with us now. Otherwise. We'll treat you like an enemy."

"Katsuki! I'm here... I can't to get you.. you don't have to do this."

He laughed in a sinister tone. "Yes i do"

 "Yes i do"

"Y/n.. bakugos a villain now. Don't let your emotions cloud your judgement." Aizawa said getting ready to fight "if you don't do your job as a hero right now you don't deserve to be called one. You can turn in your hero license and work a civilian job.. make ur choice and make it quick."

"I'm..." tears rushed down my cheeks as I stared at Katsuki... "a hero..."

To be continued

A/n there will be a book 2 when my other books finish. Stay tuned.