TWENTY-SIX

Thalia was sat on Remus' bed next to her chocolate smelling friend

Thalia was sat on Remus' bed next to her chocolate smelling friend. He was reading a book on one end with his feet against Thalia's who was lying at the other end with her sketchbook. Her pale green eyes however, were not resting upon the pages and the drawn lines but on the two giggling people sat by the window. Sirius was sat on the windowsill with Eloise opposite him. The boy's hand was outside so no ash from his cigarette would land on the carpet but he would bring it in every so often to take a drag. He and Eloise were teasing one another about something Thalia couldn't hear. She felt a smile play on her lips as Eloise said something and Sirius' hand pressed against his chest as he smirked. He then blew his cigarette smoke at his girlfriend and his smile widened as her tinkling laughs filled the room. Thalia suppressed a laugh as Eloise reached forward and grabbed the cigarette from her boyfriend, pretending to start to smoke it before tossing out the window and dodging Sirius' hands as he tried to tickle her.

"You want that with James."

Remus' voice infiltrated Thalia's thoughts and her head whipped to him.

"Hmm?" She asked, wondering when her look of affection towards her friends turned into one of longing.

"You want what they have and you want it with James." Remus repeated, a smirk growing on his lips when her nervous reaction confirmed it. Thalia scoffed and ran a hand through her hair,

"James is currently chasing after his little 'Lily Flower' so fat chance, Moony." Thalia rolled her eyes as if she was unaffected and returned to her sketchpad, though her pencil didn't move in her fingers.

"It's okay to want it, Pup." Remus said softly and Thalia lifted her eyes to look at him, "It's not a bad thing."

"It is if it makes me look like a saddo." She tilted her head and one side of her mouth lifted in a smile, "I don't wear my heart on my sleeve for a reason, Rem."

"Wouldn't want anyone to doubt your unbothered act now would we?" Remus smirked and Thalia nodded her head,

"Exactamundo, my furry friend." She winked at him.

The dormitory door opened and Thalia looked over to see James and Lily entering the room. Lily was trying to deny passage to a smile as James stood behind her with his hands behind his back and a charming smile on his lips.

"No! I will not admit that you are a criminal mastermind, Potter!" Lily shook her head so furiously that a wave of her red hair smacked James in the face, though the boy didn't seem to mind. Lily tried to hide her amusement from James for a while longer by walking over to where Eloise and Sirius were, "Hey, Elle." She smiled and Eloise stood from where she was sitting to pull her friend into a hug,

"Was JJ being an annoying prick again?" She asked, smirking at her brother over the redhead's shoulder,

"When is he not?" Lily responded with a laugh and turned to wave at Remus, "Oh! Hi, Thalia." She smiled warmly at the brunette and Thalia was tempted to rub her eyes to see if they were playing tricks on her,