THIRTEEN

The sun was rising over the mountains surrounding Hogwarts, casting a golden glow into any rooms facing east, and creating long shadows along the floor

The sun was rising over the mountains surrounding Hogwarts, casting a golden glow into any rooms facing east, and creating long shadows along the floor. Thalia Scamander was sat up straight, her back resting against the headboard of her bed, and her green eyes trained on the thestrals flying above the forest, visible from her dormitory window. She sighed and rubbed her face before throwing back her duvet and climbing out of bed. She changed into her oversized Gryffindor Quidditch jersey that she still hadn't given back to Eloise, and threw on the rest of the match uniform, slinging the scarlet robes over her arm. She didn't bother running a brush through her hair, instead she flicked her wand and her curls fell into french braids, with a few escaped tendrils of hair framing her face, as per usual. The girl checked her wristwatch, which read 7:00. Deciding her friend had slept enough, she strode over to Eloise, who was sleeping peacefully, her honey brown locks splayed over her pillow and cuddling Elliot the bowtruckle, obviously missing the warmth Sirius provided, which she was very used to. Arriving at her bed, she gave the taller girl a gentle shake, and whispered,

"Time to wake up." In her ear very softly. Thalia had learned from experience that if you woke up Eloise harshly, or abruptly, you would almost certainly be on the receiving end of a particularly nasty Bat Bogey hex. The girl grumbled and swatted her friend, irritated at being pulled from her pleasant dream.

"Whadoyouwant?" She slurred out, the ends of her hair swapping from red (irritation) to purple (confusion).

"Quidditch match is in an hour and a half. Be down at the pitch in an hour. Have a nice morning Elle." Her sleepy hazel eyes opened slowly, a sweet smile making its way onto her lips.

"You too Thals, see you there."

Thalia sauntered into the common room, humming 'All my loving' by the Beatles as she did so. When she reached the last five steps, she jumped, landing, if a little unsteadily, in the common room with a flourish, and taking a bow. Sadly, there was no one there to witness the show.

"Oh." She shrugged and turned on her heel, sprinting up the stairs to the boy's dormitories. "Rise and shine my lovelies!" The girl sang, opening the curtains and beaming at them all.

"Piss off!" Came a cry from under a duvet.

"Yeah go away!" A second voice added.

"Begone beast!" Said a third

"Leave!" The fourth chipped in.

"Alright then! I see how it is! I was only coming to tell you boys that the match starts in five minutes, so you all better hurry up." Thalia grinned evilly.

"WHAT?" James screamed, dashing out of his bed and into the bathroom, his trousers already half on, and his arm through the head of his jersey. Sirius, equally as flustered was shoving the messier haired boy, both vying for the mirror, to 'perfect' their hair.

"WHY DO YOU NEED THE MIRROR? ELLE DOES YOUR HAIR?!"

"DOESN'T MEAN I WANT MY GIRLFRIEND TO SEE ME WITH A HAIRDO LIKE SNIVELLUS DOES IT!?"

Remus and Peter both sat up with amused looks, as neither were playing, watching the two hysterical boys running around like it was the end of the world. Thalia wandered over to James' bed, sitting on top of the covers and leaning back on his pillows, making herself comfortable, her hands behind her head, and her ankles crossed. She waited until the dark haired youths were finished frenzying, before stopping them dashing out of the door.

"Oh, did you guys think I was serious?" She smirked.

"Don't." Remus saved them all from hearing the constant joke, that was never, and would never be funny. Sirius' face fell at being deprived of his favourite punchline.

"What do you mean?" James turned very slowly to face the mischievous girl.

"I mean, I was yanking your wand, we still have an hour and a bit 'till the match!" She giggled, her eyes widening when James strode over to her.

"Thalia! Oh my God, I was shitting myself there!" He yelled before picking her up, and slinging her over his shoulder.

"Yeah me too!" Sirius added. "I almost didn't have time to finish my hair!"

"Oh the horror." Remus retorted sarcastically, causing the boy to launch himself at his sassy friend.

"Are you going to put me down?" Thalia asked James, who's shoulder she was still hanging over.

"Ohh, no, no, I don't think so." The girl gulped. "You see," He went on, "You should know by now, no one pranks me and gets away with it!" And with that he strode off, out of the dormitory.

The two neared the owlery, Thalia screaming the whole way.

"What the fuck are we doing here?" She yelled frantically.

"Well," He replied, his eyes glinting, "what you did back there was shitty. Really shitty. So I think your payback should be equally so."

"No, no no no, James Potter, you are not about to -" She didn't have the time to finish her sentence as she was dropped in a particularly large pile of owl faeces in the corner. She emerged, spluttering and squealing, throwing some particularly vile words at James, who was smirking at her. He flicked his wand, and all the bird droppings on her disappeared, no trace visible that she had ever been to the owlery. Her robes were spotless, in fact, she didn't think they had ever been cleaner.

"Even?" He asked, holding out a hand for her to shake.

"Even." She confirmed taking it, however once they had finished the handshake, the boy didn't let go, instead, her fingers remained intertwined in his the whole walk to the Great Hall, both of them pushing the thought that simultaneously entered their minds out; their hands fit perfectly together.

****

"And Potter has the Quaffle, passes to Scamander, who passes back to Potter, who passes it to McKinnon. Potter heads towards the goal (the female one folks) takes aim and - Shit! Black (the Slytherin one - for god's sake siblings and Quidditch!) flies into her, and knocks the Quaffle from her hand!" Remus was commentating with much less swearing than usual, as Professor McGonagall was threatening to have him removed if he continued - "SHIT FUCKING SHITBALLS! HOLY MOLEY! MERLINS TESTICLES YOU FUCKING C-"

"MR LUPIN!" The witch yelled "Enough!"

"Sorry Professor. So a Slytherin beater who's name I don't know has knocked the Gryffindor Keeper out with his bat on purpose! Cheating! Madam Hooch, send him off! Anyway the game continues. Potter (female again) and Scamander are passing again, Potter, Scamander, Potter Scamander, Potter, Scamander - I can't keep up! SCAMANDER SCORES! The score is now 60-20 to Gryffindor! A different Slytherin player who's name I also can't be arsed to learn has the Quaffle. He flies at the goal and takes aim - LOVELY BLUDGER FROM BLACK KNOCKS THE QUAFFLE OUT OF HIS HAND (The older one). I can hear his many fangirls screaming - funny. I can also hear the sound of Eloise Potter (his girlfriend) breathing fire - even more so. OOOH WHAT'S THIS? POTTER (MALE) IS DIVING FOR THE SNITCH, BUT THE OTHER SEEKER IS NOWHERE TO BE FOUND. TOO BAD BECAUSE POTTER HAS THE SNITCH! GRYFFINDOR WIN! 200 - 20! TAKE THAT YOU SLIMEY SNAKEY BASTARDS! Yes, sorry Professor, my resignation will be on your desk by Monday. SIKE! I'M NOT GOING ANYWHERE MOTHERFUCKERS!" Remus addressed the crowd who all cheered.

The team who were all safely on the ground, with the exception of the keeper who was in the hospital wing, ran towards each other, screaming and hugging. Sirius picked up Eloise and kissed her, both of them giddy with happiness. James grabbed Thalia and twirled her around and around, laughing and pulling her in tight at the end.

"Well done you!" She shouted in his ear, over the roar of the crowd.

"Well done yourself!" He yelled back, kissing her cheek, before looking up. "Party in the Common room!" He addressed the crowd, who all screeched, stamping their feet and clapping their hands. Already drunk on happiness, they raced to Gryffindor tower to celebrate the first victory of the season, ready to consume ungodly amounts of butterbeer and firewhiskey, and party into the early hours of the morning.