14 | gotta catch them all

Start from the beginning

Meilani paced back and forth in the animal clinic while she waited for Derek to show up. She had gone to the underground rave hang out earlier and she saw Matt was there with Jackson who was not himself. He had stared at the girl that handed out the tickets at the hidden elevator behind the building oddly, almost serial killer like. It unnerved Meilani and he hadn't even looked at her.

Derek pounded on the door and it snapped Meilani out of her thoughts, opening the door for him. She frowned when she saw Isaac was right behind him and entered the clinic with Derek. "What's he doing here?"

"I need him."

Meilani glared at the back of Isaac's head and closed the door, locking it behind her. "I don't trust him as far as I can throw him, which is pretty far."

"Yeah, well, he doesn't trust you either," Isaac quipped, entering Deaton's office with Meilani and Derek.

"Yeah and Derek really doesn't care. Now where's the vet? Is he going to help us or not?"

"That depends. Your friend Jackson. Are we planning to kill him or save him?" Deaton questioned, leaning against the other entrance to the office that lead to the back where the examination rooms were.

"Kill him."

"Save him."

Derek and Meilani both looked to each other with intense gazes. Clearly, Derek didn't get the memo that when Meilani said she would help Derek catch Jackson that didn't plan on killing him. There was a way to save Jackson and she was going to do it no matter what it took.