27. A Day with Edge

Start from the beginning

With your mouth opened, you nodded absentmindedly. Fingertips lightly trailing against the stitching on the leather seats—self heating!

Unzipping your jacket, you laid it on your lap and leaned back. A small groan coming from you at the warmth the seat radiated.

"WE WILL BE GETTING NEW FURNITURE FOR MY ROOM." He said, backing out of the driveway and immediately made a beeline towards the highway. "EVERYTHING IN IT IS TOO BLAND, HARDLY UP TO MY STANDARDS."

The nervousness you felt earlier melted away like snow on a warm day, gradually melting away the longer the sun shined on a clear day. Edge, when alone, wasn't as bad—but you decided to keep your guard up until you were safely behind the door to your apartment.

"How high is your standards?" You asked. "I mean, if you think a Lamborghini is nothing, then—"

"MY STANDARDS ARE VERY HIGH." He finished for you, making you purse your lips and nod.

The silence drawn on until Edge pulled up in a parking lot. Various other vehicles parked in opened places, some even double parking, with different colours and designs of cars. You lightly chuckled at the poorer state, the ones that had been abandoned.

Not noticing the side glance Edge was giving you as he parked. "WE ARE HERE FOR A WHILE. NEW MATTRESS, SHEETS, LAMPS, FABRIC.. I HAVE WRITTEN EVERYTHING DOWN ON MY CELLULAR DEVICE — I COULD SEND YOU THE LIST." He said, taking out his phone in the glove compartment and switched it on.

A few clicks, he turned the phone to you expectantly. You blinked owlishly at the flip phone. "You... want us to split up?" You asked, carefully taking his phone.

Suddenly, it was yanked out of your touch as Edge shoved it into his jacket pocket. "NO. IT HAS DAWN TO ME THAT YOU NEVER CAME TO THIS PART OF THE CITY, HAVE YOU?"

You meekly shook your head — that's right, because of your busy schedule, you hadn't had the time to sightsee the city. You deflated slightly, suddenly aware of how much of a hermit you are compared to your friend. You still have yet to see the popular attractions of the city and where tourists usually go to 'sightsee', to see all the monsters in the streets and how different it was compared to any city overrun by humans and humans alone.

"...I haven't had the time to explore." You said, getting out the vehicle before Edge could say anything else. Unfortunately, he followed and looked over the roof.

"IF YOU'D ALLOW ME... May I Take You... O-On Some Popular Attractions?"

Your eyebrows shot upwards — was he-was he asking you on a date?

"NO, NOT ON A... DATE." He spat upon your surprised expression. "I WOULD NOT STOOP SO LOW AS TO DATE A HUMAN."

"I didn't say anything." You muttered, not planning to tell him you thought he was asking you on a date. You flinched when the door slammed shut.

Timeskip

Visiting stores after stores, Edge's standards could honestly shove you off of a cliff. All the stores you had visited were made of the finest fabrics you've ever seen. One store (oddly, it had the name Muffet's in the front.) had your favourite fabric, soft and slightly fuzzy on the inside and smooth and slick on the outside.

You didn't see the owner of the clothing shop, but the familiar little spiders scattered away before you could ask. Maybe it was one of Muffet's Sisters, the oldest one?

You lightly shook your head, following Edge into a paint section. Rows and rows of paint slips with the colours on them stacked neatly on the display case.