26. Welcome to. . .

Depuis le début

"Alright..." Their father stated, nervously rubbing his hands together. He rested his elbows on his knees, avoiding to look at his offspring and instead stared at his wife.

She nodded wordlessly and stood up, smiling convincingly at her children before leaving the room and returning shortly after with two long, oak wooded, boxes stacked in her arms and a kitchen knife. She paused at the door before sighing loudly and entered begrudgingly. Underneath the boxes were two other letters: Joshua Anders L/N and Joseph Dara L/N In the same inky writing they had just moments before.

Simultaneously, both brothers eyebrows shot upwards.

Their father gently took the box on top. Fingertips adoringly running down the side with an unknown emotion in his eyes—it looked like he was greeting an old friend. Y/n saw this but didn't comment on it.

"Before any of you were born," he started. "Your mother and I went to a school far away from here. It's name is written in the history books in the other world."

"Other world?" Young Y/n whispered as she watched her father unlatched the cover and gently placed it aside, her mother did the save but with more eagerness. The two adults pulled out long, oddly figured sticks from the holder within. Mrs. L/N sighed contently, examining her stick.

The handle was wrapped with leather with straps that crossed and twirled upwards to the tip—although the leather strap somehow turned into wood before meeting the middle.

Mr. L/n's stick was odd looking, as it had sharp edges all the way towards the tip, odd balls as the handle with a different type of animal hide wrapping around it.

"Yaay." Spoke Josh sarcastically. "Sticks."

"Not just any sticks, Joshua." Their mother tutted. Tapping Josh in the head with her stick. "They are called Wands. It's what the other world used to cast spells." She paused to soak up their reactions.

"Mom's crazy." Joseph muttered, turning away and pulling Y/n with him. "Dad looks so lost, too. This is highly the most concerning family meeting ever."

"I'm not crazy, Joseph." Their mother spoke. Shrugging her shoulders and picked up the kitchen knife she had set aside. "I'll show you."

"Mothe-!" Young Y/n called just as her mother sliced her thigh. A small gasp came from all three as the woman moaned in pain. This snapped their father out of the daze he was in, his attention now torn to his wife.

"Are you bloody mad?" He hissed as his wife lowered the bloody knife as a small stream of blood trickled down her thigh, pooling on the table they sat on.

She gave a hurtful smile, and turned to her children. "Look close. To heal a wound like this, you have to flick your wrist like this." She demonstrated while talking, although nothing happened yet.

Tears gathered in Young Y/n's eyes. Panic began to swell up as she pushed off her brother's hold and immediately got on her feet. Small hands shaking as she stood in front of her mother.

"Y/n, it's okay. I'm fine, see?" She said although a pained groan came from her as Y/n attempted to seal the deep wound with her hands. Smooshing the cut together as if it'll help.

Tears streamed down her cheeks, unable to form words but tearful stutters. "Why did you do that? We have to go to the hospital right now!"

The woman smiled at her daughter. Picking her up and placed her next to her and flicked the wand. "Watch closely, okay? I'm fine."

With a flick of her wrist, she said "Epsikey." in clear voice, making sure that her children could hear and see the wound patch itself up.

Another gasp sounded by the children as they watched her wound stitch up until it was gone with nothing but the blood left behind.