Chapter One

My eyes shot open. Today was the day. I jumped out of bed with such force it knocked my cat, Jeffrey, onto the floor.

REOW!

"Oh shit! I'm sorry Jeffrey!"

He glared at me with his bright green eyes before turning and slinking under the bed. I couldn't be bothered with his antics right now, today was THE day, the day I won tickets to see Monsta X perform on Ellen! I smiled to myself before running to the bathroom to get ready.

I could barely contain myself all morning, I was so nervous I couldn't slept last night but it didn't matter because I had spent the entire night writing and rewriting the letter I was planning on giving to I.M today. I turned on the blow dryer and started to think about the words I put to paper last night, "I think it's wonderful that you were able to find and pursue your passion with such success. I have become a fan of you and Monsta X but it's not the reason I want to know you. I'm grateful that Monsta X led me to the chance to get to know someone like you..."

Holy shit Marie. You sound like a fucking crazy person. Have I lost my mind?

I hung my head down, water slowly dripping down my face. No. Stop it. This is a once in a lifetime chance to be SO close to him, them, and it's just a stupid letter. I probably won't even have the chance to give it to him. I looked up at myself in the mirror and shook off all the self doubts. You've got this bitch. Now doll yourself up like you've never dolled up before. I smiled at myself, pressed play on my phone and got lost in the music while I finished getting ready.

Who's the one that takes you higher than
Than you've ever been

Baby, I just got to know the answer

Who's the one you think of night and day?
Ain't no time to waste

I'm just tryna say

10:10 am

Hailey
I'm running late, I'm sorry! Stupid traffic -.-

Marie
Haha it's okay, I'm getting gas right now and
then I'm stopping by Starbucks, see you soon!

Hailey
Oof! I'm so excited! I can't wait!

My eyes are closed, I'm bobbing my head and letting the music flow through my ears down my fingertips and to my toes. Goddamn, I love this song.

I love what we have baby don't you let me down, yeah
How can I explain this, come and make me wet by your under
I know you want me to, don't hesitate
You're my home so baby take me there
Just come over

I smiled to myself as I finished singing I.M's mixtape song, Horizon. Just as I opened my eyes, Hailey practically jumps through my car window. "HEY BITCH TODAY'S THE DAY WE SEE MONSTA X!" She screams at the top of her lungs. "AHHHHHHH!" We both scream in unison before bursting into a fit of laughter. "Well what the fuck are you waiting for? GET IN!" I said through smiles and laughter as Hailey runs to the passenger seat.

It's about a 2 hour drive to Burbank from San Diego. I turn on the Monsta X playlist I prepared for the road trip. Hailey turns the volume up just below the decibel that would burst your ear drums and we take off singing along and laughing. I hope I get a chance to give him my letter but regardless, it's going to be a great day.

*2 hours later*

"UGH!" I groan aggressively while shaking the steering wheel back and forth. "Uh...are you okay over there?" Hailey asks, knowing the answer. "I...fucking...hate...traffic...I mean come on! I don't even understand why we're slowed down, nothing is happening!" I exclaim. Hailey laughs, "It's okay babe, remember, we're only 7 miles from seeing your husband." I looked at her smiling from ear to ear, she always know how to make me smile. I mean, all she had to do was mention I.M and my smile was uncontrollable.