Pretty Little Mind

Start from the beginning

Taehyung just shakes his head with a scoff and walks past Jeongguk who is standing there in absolute shock. 

|

"Yoongi-hyung!"

"Sup, Guk?" 

"Um, your lover boy??" he laughs awkwardly "Kind of a fucking prick" 

Yoongi's eyes harden immediately and he takes a step closer "What the fuck did you say to him?"

"Woah, chill hyung. I didn't say shit." Jeongguk rolled his eyes "We accidentally bumped into each other lastnight when you assholes made me carry that equipment all by myself and he basically acted like I was the scum on his shoes. So today, I saw him again and went up to apologize, maybe make amends and he straight up told me he wants nothing to do with me...soo yeah, I didn't do shit and he hates my guts." 

If the expression on Yoongi's face doesn't tell Jeongguk that he's missing something than that's exactly what his words do, "Clearly, you're head is too far up your own ass to even know what you did." Yoongi scoffs "Do me a favor and stay the fuck away from Tae. Got it? and for the last damn time, he is NOT my lover boy. He's practically my little brother and I will not hesitate to break your arm so that you can't throw a ball for the rest of your life." 

Jeongguk is in absolute shock, Yoongi's never went off on him like this and the way he's talking makes it sound like he actually did something. Which he isn't sure what he could've possibly done. "Got it, hyung. Man I'm on a roll today, getting told to fuck off by two people in less than two hours" he high fives himself mockingly and Yoongi just shoves a middle finger in the air. 

KTH

Following his evening painting class, Taehyung has never been more excited to sleep on a stiff twin sized mattress in his life. He makes a mental note to buy a mattress topper soon. He really can't get over the fact that Jeongguk is acting as if he doesn't know him. Did he really forget about everything that happened? or is he too much of a coward to own his shit, so he's feigning innocence like he genuinely doesn't know. He's been tossing and turning for hours, as he usually does when this happens. He pulls out his favorite book and charcoal pencils. He can't help the tears that fall whenever he flings open the cover and his sights land on the very first page. 

Next time you can't sleep, pull out this book and think of me. Let your pencil flow and ease your pretty little mind. 

-JJK

"I bought you something"  he voices out, pulling the object in brown paper wrapping fro behind his back. "but you've gotta kiss me first to get it." he smirked and Taehyung rolled his eyes playfully before leaning forward and combining their lips chastely. Backing away almost immediately with a bright pink blush going from his cheeks to the tips of his ears. 

"Mmm, worth it" Jeongguk sighs out happily. Placing the gift in Taehyung's hands who opens it carefully with wide eyes. Hands tracing over the smooth leather of the fresh sketchbook. 

"Jeongguk.. it's beautiful" he breathed out, fingers brushing against the small KTH embossed in the lower left corner. 

"You were complaining about needing a new one but not having enough money to buy the kind with the paper you like, I know it's not exact but I tried. I hope it helps." he smiles shyly and Taehyung wraps his arms around his neck, placing another soft peck to his lips. 

"It's perfect" he whispered against the others lips before turning and retreating towards his own dorm. 

Ripping the page right from the seam, he crumples it up and tosses it to the bin. Think of me, my ass. He turns back to the book and sees the first sketch in it, heart clenching a little when his finger trails over the charcoal.