XIII - MEXICAN STANDOFF

XIII – MEXICAN STANDOFF

"Damn it, Edward, what the hell's wrong with you?" I shouted at him as soon as he finally set me on the ground. "You don't just grab a person and lug them out to the middle of nowhere!"

Edward didn't respond, but kept staring at me from a short distance away with hands on his hips. I swear if this was a scene from a film, it would be a Western. Me and him standing facing each other with hands on our hips. The only props that were missing were guns and the clock ticking in the distance that counted down seconds before we were to shoot each other.

This made me start to snicker. I probably looked like a maniac, standing there and laughing my ass of, where moments before I was spitting nails from anger.

"Would you stop laughing already," Edward finally said, sounding completely unamused. Damn! He lost his sense of humour too. Now I had to help him find it again.

"Sorry," I apologized when I made myself stop laughing. "It's just the image in my head of how this scene looks was pretty hilarious."

I saw him grimace at that and wondered why that was. Did he have a gift as well? If so, what was his gift?

"So, would you tell me the reason you grabbed me and brought me here?" I asked, while looking around myself. We were in the middle of a circular meadow. There was something beautiful and mystical about it. The wild-flowers shone in the moonlight and the soft wind made the leaves give out a morose sound.

I lost myself as I looked around myself. "It's beautiful here."

"It's okay," Edward said quietly. I turned my face to his and saw that he wasn't watching the meadow like I was, but instead he was watching me. My heart started stuttering again and I felt hope fill me. His eyes were back to their usual butterscotch and the bruises were lighter. It wasn't the colour of his eyes that shook me though. It was the emotions in them that made me stop breathing.

"Edward," I whispered as I made my way to him. He stayed silent as he watched me.

I stopped in front of him and looked him in the eyes again.

"Edward," I whispered again as he slowly extended his arms and put them around my waist, bringing me closer to him. I felt my lower lip start trembling as he lowered his head to my shoulder and hugged me closer to him. I couldn't stop myself from bringing my arms around his torso and hug him back. I closed my eyes and sighed as I felt my soul finally merge with his.

"Leonora," I heard him whisper back. My breath stopped and tears started falling.

"I'm sorry that I forgot about you," he continued whispering. "Will you ever be able to forgive me?"

I started sobbing in relief and felt him pepper my face with kisses.

"Oh, Edward," I sighed as he kissed my eyelids. "I hoped and hoped you'd remember me! I was so worried..."

My words were cut as his lips softly brushed mine. I fell for him all over again.

"I'm sorry," he apologized again and again as he kissed my lips over and over.