chapter 12 - He can crawl

Lizzie's POV

I woke up, fed Koraan, and set him on the bed next to me. To tired to do anything I handed him a toy to play with and that was that. I looked over and he was on his hand and knees about to crawl. Joel wasn't home that day so I grabbed my phone, turned on the camera, and filmed Koraan crawling.

I realized we now needed to baby proof the house. When Joel got home we went to the store and bought baby proofing items like electrical outlet covers, those soft things you put on the corners of coffee tables and stuff, and child - proof double doored cabinet locks.

We got home, set Koraan down so he could crawl, and gave him some toys to play with. Then we went around to every electrical outlet in the house that didn't have something plugged into it and put covers on them. Next we put those soft things on all the appliances with sharp edges to soften them up. Lastly we baby - proofed the cabinets by putting the locks on them.

My dad came over. "Hey Liz Bug!" He said. "Daaaaaaaaaaaaad!" "What? Wait were is that baby of yours?" "Right here." I handed the baby to my dad. He sat Koraan down to play with him and he crawled to his favorite toy. "Yeah, I forgot to mention that bit." I said, laughing. "Come back here you little -" "language dad." I reminded him. "Sorry."

Dad left a few hours after he got here. We offered to let him spend the night but he didn't want to. Joel also left for the store. Sometimes when I'm left alone with Koraan I get afraid Oli will come, or mom, or Callum.

Then I heard the door open. "Joel, your home!" "Ahhhh!"