One More Year

KTH

"Taetae!" 

He hears the sweet voice calling his name and doesn't have to look to know who's standing there, most likely flailing her arms like crazy "Hey, Jihyo!" he shouts back with a smile. Pulling the last of his bags out of his parents truck and heading towards the dorms. 

"I was wondering when you were moving in! Jim and I got settled in last weekend" throwing her arms around his shoulders. "I missed you all summer, what did you do?" 

"Honestly, nothing outside of mine and Yoongi's trip to America. The simultaneous best and worst two weeks of our lives" he laughed, looking back to see his mom standing patiently waiting. "One sec, Ji" he smiled running over to his mom and hugging her tight. 

"Don't cry this time, ma" 

"I can't help it, it's the last time I'm doing this." she sniffled "I'm so proud of you, bear. You're going to do great this year." 

"I love you, mom. I'll call you later!" 

"I love you more! Talk to you soon." She smiled, glancing over his shoulder and waving at Jihyo "Are you sur-" but before she could even finish he rolled his eyes playfully 

"Yes mom, I'm still gay and no Jihyo and I aren't going to fall in love. No matter how long we've been friends." He laughs and she just shoves his shoulder. 

"Sue me for dreaming, you know how much I love her" she pouts 

"I've really gotta go, bye ma!" with a wave he's off, two bags in tow and ready to face one last year of undergrad. 

JJK

Something that Jeongguk will never get used to is the way the basketball team immediately starts training with the new semester. Their season doesn't begin until November, yet here he is four days before the term begins and he's running drills. Being co-captains is tiring and he seriously considering giving up his role, but he needs to merit to put on his application for grad school. Especially if he wants to get into that school in the states. 

"Holy shit, Min Yoongi?! You're tan as fuck." Jackson yells out whenever Yoongi lazily makes his way into the gym, Jeongguk smirks 

"Nothing better than our captain showing up late to the first practice" he teases, reaching out to fist bump Yoongi who is already rolling his eyes. 

"I spent two weeks on a beach in California. The last place I wanna be right now is in this damn gym. Don't push me today." he groans and Jeongguks eyes light up at the mention of California. 

"Hyung! You didn't tell me you were going to the states?! I'm going to apply to Stanford for grad school. How was it?" he asked, ignoring the whines of the rest of the team who just wanna finish the practice. 

"Didn't know I'm supposed to check in with you before my vacations, kid. It was great, aside from the fact that I was chasing Taehyung around like a lost kitten. We had a great time." 

Jeongguk knows briefly of Kim Taehyung, it's Yoongi's best friend and long time crush. "I bet you did, hyung" he wiggles his brows "Is your loverboy ever gonna come to our games so we can meet him?"

He doesn't notice the way Yoongi glared at him before speaking "I say one thing when I'm drunk and I never live it down. Tae is my best friend, practically my brother, there's nothing romantic there Guk."