Just A Little Awkward

Começar do início

"Yeah, of course it was all good. Congrats about the baby, I can recommend a good doctor. My Dad is one." she smiled and then kissed James on the lips as he passed her the mug. Wow, these two are getting a little too mushy for my liking. I reached out for mine and went and sat down at the table. It smells so good. As I took a small sip, there was a knock at the door and I looked at the two lovebirds in the kitchen and rolled my eyes. They are still attached and just about to rip their clothes off again. Getting up slowly, I made my way over to the door and peeped through it. Why does she look familiar?

"Hi is Sam here?" she asked and then she looked up from putting her phone back into her bag and she stilled. The way she was looking at me had me wanting to shrink back and hide behind the couch or something. Or was it the sound of the two sucking face behind me.

"Seriously Sam? Dec thinks you're here with just girls." she scolded Sam as she moved closer to me and then stepped around me. I turned and watched as she stopped beside me and then put her hands on her hips. Glancing over to the kitchen , they were still at it and I swear I can hear her soft moans from here.

"Izzy, please don't tell him." Sam begged once she had removed herself from James' lips but he was not letting her go yet. Izzy? Jace's sister is named Izzy? No wonder she looks familiar, I've seen a photo of her and her boys at Jace's house. The only time she had met me was at the wedding, surely she can't remember who I was and now. Jace is taking me over to their place to have lunch today. I'm getting slowly introduced to the family, and today I'm meeting her and Nick. Then it's just Brax and Aidan, so many of them to try and remember.

"Next time you tell him the truth, I'm not saving your ass again. Now move it, I've gotta get lunch prepared. I'm meeting this girl that's having my brothers baby and never fucking told him until last week. The nerve of her, it's probably not even his kid and she just wants to claim him as the Daddy." Izzy grumbled and my heart was in my throat, it's definitely her then. I tried to act like her words never got to me and put on my fake smile when she looked my way.

"Fine. I'll call you later baby." Sam said as she pulled his face to hers and kissed him again. Once she let go, she picked up her bag and then walked toward the front door with a huge grin on her face. James of course kept his eyes on her ass and waved as she walked out the door. Izzy then gave James a look and then smiled at me as she walked out of the living room.

"Sorry about that." she apologised and then left. I was still standing there with the door wide open and my eyes still focused on the spot I last saw her. Well that was fucking awkward. I felt James come up behind me and put his hands on my shoulders and squeezed them.

"You look like you've seen a ghost, are you okay?" he asked and then spun me around and gave me this worried look as I remained frozen. He cupped my cheeks and lifted face up to met his eyes and all I wanted to do was cry. What the hell is she going to think when I go there, to her house for lunch with her brother?

"You need to breathe McKenna and snap out of it." James said as he lightly shook me, it wasn't until I heard heavy foot steps behind me that he froze and then let go of me.

"Kenna?" Jace's voice had a hint of jealousy, James was now at least a metre away from me and his hands shoved into his pockets. I shook my head and tried not to think about the whole lunch date and turned to face Jace. He looks super hot today in his shorts and shirt, his hair still damp and sticking in all directions.

"Hey, come on in babe." I said as I roamed my eyes over his body. How I refused to sleep beside him last night, I'd never understand. Jace looked from me to James before he stepped closer, his eyes still on James as his arms wrapped around me. His lips found mine and he kissed me hard, one of his hands traveled to my ass and he squeezed it firmly. When he pulled back he gave me a smile and then looked over to James who was looking on with a grin. I see he's still in his zone from Sam, they hit it off quickly.