Chapter 7

Two-Bits POV

After Pony talked to Sophie she walked back to her room and I caught myself staring. I turned away and saw the whole gang staring at me with 'oh hell no' faces. I faked coughed and said, "I have to go." I walked out the door to who knows where. My feelings for her are growing and I don't know how to control myself. It's too soon for her to have another boyfriend and she doesn't even like me. She sees me as her friend. Or as a tv buddy I suppose. Or beer buddy. Or joke buddy? Oh my gosh I have to stop! I can't take this! I need to get her off my mind! It's never gonna happen anyways. I should just move on. I know what to do! I'll go to bucks tonight and find a nice blonde to pick up.

Dally's POV

Two-Bit left once we all caught him staring at Sophie. He totally has the hots for Sophie.
"Did you see that?" I say looking at everybody.
"Mmhmm." Johnny says crossing his arms and leaning back. I chuckle and Sophie walk back into the room.
"Where did Two-Bit go?" She asks looking around the room.
"Why do you care?" Pony says. Everyone was looking at her and she says, "Because he was here one second ago... geez quit staring at me! It's creepy guys." She says walking back into the kitchen. Darry faked coughed and we all looked away and did whatever. She came back in the room and she was juggling three apples.
"What did I tell you about doing that." Darry says sternly.
"Your gonna break something or hit someone dumbo." She says in a fake guy voice. She then pretended to hit Darry with an apple and he flinched. She started laughing and put the apples away. She came back with one apple and Darry pretended to hit her with a pillow. She didn't flinch and turned to him slowly and raised her eyebrows at him not impressed. He then hit her with a pillow and said, "Sit down." She stumbled backwards and grabbed the newspaper out of his hands and rolled it up quickly and hit him on the head.
"Y'all are such an abusive family." Steve mumbles.

Later that night the gang went to the drive in but I decided to go to Bucks instead. I make my way there and the party has already started. I walked to the bar and saw Two-Bit flirting with a girl. I rolled my eyes and grabbed a beer. The girl was blonde headed of course and was totally a whore. I had seen her before and I had heard stories about her. She flirts with any guy she can get ahold to and uses them for sex. I can't believe Two-Bit is gonna get stuck with that. Maybe I can help him from making this BIG mistake.
"Hey uh Two-Bit you wanna go to the drive-in with me and the gang?" I ask. He looked at me and he was totally drunk already.
"Don't you see I'm busy?" He says rudley. The girl shot me a glare and I backed away saying, "Fine!" I sighed and went to go play some pool.

After a while I saw Two-Bit and that girl making out in the corner of the room.
"Son of a bitch." I mumble. I can't believe Two-Bit can be crazy for a girl one second then go and suck faces with another girl. Then I saw them stand up and she was dragging him by the collar of his shirt upstairs. I quickly grabbed Two-Bits arm and shoved him behind me.
"What the hell are you doing man?" I yelled at him.
"Dallas leave me alone." He slurred. I turned to the girl and said, "Stay the fuck away from him." I yanked him outside and pulled him to the Curtis house. I'm sure as hell not letting him stay there with her and I'm not letting him go home wasted in front of his mom.The only place I could take him was the Curtis and I'm sure they are home by now. I walked up the porch and Two-Bit just about fell going up the stairs. The lights were on and I saw the Curtis's in the living room. I walked in and I said, "Darry, can uh- Two crash here tonight?" I sat him down the couch and he was so drunk.
"What happened to him?" Sophie asks looking at him strangely. She looked at him closer and saw the millions of hickies on his neck. She rolled her eyes and mumbled something. She walked back to her room and slammed the door.
"Two-Bit, sometimes you are the most stupid person I know." I say before looking at Darry. He mouthed, "Dammit" before throwing a blanket over Two-Bit. Two-Bit fell asleep instantly and I said, "He got stuck with the wrong girl. He just about had too much fun before I yanked his ass out of there." Darry shook his head and said, "I'll handle him." I walked out and all that was in my mind was Sophie. She was super pissed with Two-Bit. I personally didn't think she liked him but I could be wrong. She looked real pissed and I had never seen her like that before. Well not that mad at least.