By the age of seven, she was already teaching Lily the universal sign language. She had memorized and solved every math equation there was. Her mind was constantly at work. Brainwaves always restless and churning with equations and puzzles and out-of-this-world ideas. Only Lily kept her anchored. She learned how to pace herself so her best friend could keep up.

The pretense of not knowing more than what was taught at her age had taken its toll when she was ten years old.

She just needed more. First, she had decided she needed books, mostly in foreign languages. Mostly, unsolved math equations by geniuses. But she would need money for that. She begged Mrs. Anderson, their foster parent to let her bake some goodies and sell them from house to house. Thank God the crack addict agreed with a commission.

In secret, she studied, her knowledge broadened. Her skills strengthened. She learned 40 languages, including old Latin and Hebrew. Got her own computer from the money she and Lily had scraped and saved from selling goodies.

By then, Beau decided to create her website with untraceable IP. Her expertise in Math soon gave her the ability to manage financial reports. Complicated, mind-boggling, brain-twisting investment, and expenditures. She analyzed transactions, cross-reference any minute detail in each piece of data. The only setback was she was underage at that time, no legal company would employ an accountant at her tender age.

The obvious solution was to dig deeper into the dark web. There, she found clients that will look the other way as long as she managed their books and investments. In return, they filled her prepaid cards after each contract. No questions asked.

Because there was a steady flow of cash, she was able to support Lily's studies. She had to go to a special school and Beau had no problem with shouldering her expenses.

Due to advanced learning, at fourteen, she graduated high school. Went to Berkeley at fifteen and graduated Suma Cum Laude at 19 with a Bachelor's Degree in Finance and Accounting. And she had her Master's and Doctorate in the same year. At 20, she owned her own business and she was her own boss.

Her sister by heart Lily became a Special Education teacher, fell in love with Adam then moved to England.

Beau was happy Lily found love and remained her best friend. Up to now, she was still working as her part-time secretary. Lily was the only person she could trust in her life.

If her clients and their men would actually know who she was. She knew she would have a lot of enemies.

***

Five days of routine. Five days of restlessness. Five days of hell.

When she told Lily she would finish the books in 24 hours, what she meant was within six hours. The financial analysis was submitted a few minutes after. Good luck to whoever was stealing from the coffers.

Shaking her head, she went back to cleaning her quaint cottage. Located on the outskirts of the city, all she can hear were cicadas singing in the stillness of the evening.

God! She had been doing the same thing for five fucking days, the place was so squeaky clean, bordering on sterile, she could sleep on the kitchen floor naked and would not be contaminated with any type of bacteria.

Great fucking analogy.

She bet Dominic would love to see that.

"Shit!" Where did that thought come from? She can't. Not with him. Tears will flow once more if she kept on thinking of him. She wouldn't do that to herself. It was an absurd infatuation leading nowhere. She just couldn't. And even if it was possible, she would not bring trouble to his doorstep.