31. the start of everything

Start from the beginning

to both his left and right were full of shelves stacked with books. underneath him was a carpet spread
across the room; a round glass table with only one black sofa behind it.

as he looked to the view in front of him, he could see a huge desk with organised documents on top, a laptop on one corner of the desk and a name stand in the front with the name 'mr. hwang'

walking slowly towards to the desk, he silently observed the surroundings around him.

"this is my study room." the man who took a seat on the rolling chair behind the desk said. "please, take a seat." he gestured changbin to the single sized chair in front of him.

after he was done taking in the surroundings, he said nothing and took a seat on the chair.

the man cleared his throat and joined his hands together. "as I heard about last week, there seemed to have been an accident taken place at woojin's house right?"

changbin nodded. he had no idea where he was going with this, but he stayed quiet nevertheless.

"and a fight happened resulting death." he continued. even though he had not received any more information about it, he was desperate to find out what had happened to the bodies.

"urm.. if you know what happened to the bodies, do you mind telling me?" he knew that he couldn't remain quiet, he just wanted to know so badly.

hyunjin's father rubbed his chin, trying to remember any more he could think of. "not that I know, that is."

"oh." changbin sighed, his tone feeling slightly down.

"the two bodies from the bodyguards were revealed but not woojin's body. it seems a bit strange to take them that long to examine his body." the man shrugged.

"yeah, I mean, there's still a possibility he could be alive right?" the young male asked, hoping that there's still a small chance of hope he was still alive.

"possibly but I'm afraid there's still a huge chance he's dead. it would be unusual for the murderer to only keep him alive since he's not the target." the two dudes sat there in silence, no one saying a word.

"I guess..." he lowered his volume and looked down. "anyways, is that all you wanted to talk to me about?" changbin questioned, about to get up.

"actually no, there's still something else I have to say." he raised his eyebrows and remained sitting on the chair.

waiting for the man to speak, he started fiddling with his fingers. he was finally looking up but that's not what matters right now. it's the intensity and awkwardness that is suffocating the room.

"first thing first, I sincerely apologise for the delay of your job, because of what happened with hyunjin you haven't been working much which affected your pay but I'd like to thank you and make up to you by giving you extra money for staying with hyunjin until the end and getting him out. I hope we're not wasting your time with your free time and your school schedule."

"oh no, that's perfectly fine!" changbin politely declined, standing up while giving him hand gestures to assure that he didn't have to do what he said he was gonna do.

"no really, take it. you've done a great job from the start to now and you need to be rewarded for it." the man argued back. changbin knew that he had nothing to say which can change the man's mind so he gave up and accepted it.

"also second thing, because of what happened at woojin's house, I've decided to hire a trainer to train you so you can learn how to fight." the shortie widened his eyes at what the man had just said.

he wasn't expecting that he was going to be trained at all. well, it was expected considering that a bodyguard was to protect someone from the dangers even if it meant taking your life.

a bodyguard who was meant to fight.

"wait really?" the man didn't say anything but nodded.

changbin didn't know what to feel, he could feel a mixture of different emotions - excitement, anxiousness and satisfaction.

"yes, training starts on monday, usual time."

"thank you!" changbin got up and bowed brightly, the man chuckling in response.

"no worries, again thank you for all of the trouble." the boy lifted his body back up smiling as he made his way out of the study room where he left the father alone.

a deep sigh escaped the father's mouth, his eyes drifting off to a small photo frame. the photo showed a woman looking at her loved ones laughing as the middle aged man next to her joined in, piggybacking a small boy whose grin covered his whole young face as if he's the happiest person in the world.

"how long are you gonna defy me hyunjin...?"

when changbin got back to the living room, he was first met by the younger's puppy eyes.

"what's up hyunjin?" he asked, unaffected by the eyes he was receiving.

"hyung~ what took you so long? why did my father wanted to talk to you? what did he say? did he-"

"calm down hyunjin, it isn't what you think. me and your dad, we just had a conversation, man to man that's all." hyunjin pouted, unsatisfied with the answer.

"besides, why are you so worried? it's just your dad." he explained, looking at hyunjin to see that he had lowered his head.

"that's the thing." he muttered. changbin titled his head, confused as to what he was trying to say.

"what? what did you say?" it took a few seconds before he was met with a changed expression.

"oh it's nothing hyung! don't worry about it!" he smiled gracefully, showing him his eyesmile and that gorgeous straight ass teeth-

"oh okay..." he lowered his voice as he watched hyunjin giggled in front of him.

he smiled at the view but another part of him wondered something completely different.

'something seems off between the two...'

-

guysss i'm back with a fed chapter for you~ how was double knot? honestly they are killed me like fjwjdis

I just had to- anyways I'll be back with more :))

-ywxuha