Game on

"Before you guys leave I want to give you guys something. I have been working on it all day," Melanie says as we meet Stefan and Tyler in their room.
Melanie hands me a bracelet, Tyler a necklace and Stefan uncle Stefan's ring.
"How were you able to steal the ring from the memorable library Melanie?" Tyler asks.
"Who cares about that, why the sudden need for protection. After my big talk today you were the first one to say that they wouldn't do it at such a public place and so early on. They need us to trust them first and that's when they would strike. Also it's one of the Salvatore Boarding School rules to never use magic around the locals," Stefan says.
"Fine Stefan don't take the ring, but you two better take the bracelet and necklace,"Melanie says as she puts my bracelet on me.
"I see how it is Melanie. Tyler is more important than I am. It's always going to be Tyler," Stefan says rolling his eyes.
"Salvatore I don't think you understand how the Gemini coven or your powers work. And I was told that I was the newbie that didn't know anything," Melanie says rolling her eyes.
"I'm confused can someone explain to me what's happening?"Tyler asks as he puts on his necklace.
"Emily is coming and she's from the Gemini coven who are very known to be siphoners. Emily and I spoke today after she found out what I was doing. She also thinks you should wear the ring, but we both know how little you follow orders so Emily as your girlfriend will sit next to you which makes sense , no suspicions there. On her other side will be Jenna and then I don't really care how the rest of you sit. Jenna's bracelet is a bit more upgraded than Tyler's necklace. If there is dark magic being used in any way on Jenna or within a radius of 2 miles from Jenna it will light up. Emily knows this and if it happens she will rip out Jenna's bracelet siphone Stefan's powers and use Jenna as an anchor to do the spell she is memorizing right now," Melanie says.
"What does this spell do?" Tyler asks.
"It causes any super natural being to pass out within the restaurant so if we know a witch is helping them then they will pass out too. Oh I almost forgot Tyler I need to add one more protection spell around you," Melanie says putting her hand on Tyler chest.
"Wait I don't get it why is Tyler the only one getting protected. Aren't we all supernatural beings?" I ask.
"Emily is doing the spell, you are her anchor and Stefan is the witch she's siphoning from so the spell won't affect any of you,"Melanie says.
"I'm still confused on why I don't have to wear the ring?" Stefan says.
"Every couple of minutes Emily will hold your hand and check if dark magic is being used on you. So if you don't want to wear the ring you don't have too," Melanie sighs.
"Will Katie get hurt if we use this spell?" Tyler asks.
"Worse case she falls out of her chair when she falls unconscious. Don't forget if this does happen you guys have to bring them back to the school and we'll lock them up in your uncles room," Melanie says.
"Isn't this all a bit much?" Tyler asks.
"Look Tyler I'm not someone who strikes first, but I'm not someone who does nothing after I get attacked. This only happens if they use magic on you if no magic is being done then none of this happens," Melanie says.
"Well I hope it doesn't," Tyler mumbles.
                                        ***
"Jenna you look beautiful," James says as he walks into the main entrance.
"You don't look so bad yourself," I say.
I honestly mean it. He is wearing dark blue jeans with a white long sleeves top. You can clearly see his arm muscles through the top.
"So Katie my family and I will meet you at the restaurant," Stefan says taking out his car keys from his jean pocket.
"Don't worry Salvatore I already asked professor Saltzman if we can use the school car and he said yes. You can drive Stefan I know how much you like to be in control," Katie says tossing Stefan the car keys.
                                          ***
So far the plan is working properly. Emily is to my right, James is to my left then it's Katie, Tyler then Stefan.
"Nice bracelet Jenna," James says.
"Thanks! It's one of the only things I have from the Gilbert side of the family. This bracelet was my grandmother Miranda's before she died," I say.
I'm not actually lying. Melanie used the spell on one of the bracelets I already have just like uncle Stefan's ring and Tyler's actual necklace from uncle Jeremy.
"That's really sweet. I wish I had family jewelry. I never got to meet any of my grandparents and most  of the time before I was born the crescents were cursed to stay wolves until the full moon so my mom and dad don't have much jewelry," James says.
"Aww I'm so sorry James. How did your pack get cursed?" I ask.
"By one of the witches that worked for Marcell the vampire king of New Orleans. That's why I don't like vampires. Marcell did what was best for himself and ruined a dozen of werewolves lives and families. Anyway let's talk about something happier like two weeks ago something happened between us and it rhymes with miss," James says whispering in my ear.
A giggle escapes my mouth and Stefan looks at me giving me a disapproving look.
"So Katie you wanted us to get to know each other and our families. So how did you turn? Actually who did you both kill to trigger the curse," Stefan says.
"Stefan," Tyler hisses.
"I thought you would at least let us order first. But always so down to business aren't we Stefan? Nothing has changed since we dated," Katie says giving him a wink.
I hear Emily draw in a breath.
"With that look on your face Emily it doesn't seem like your sweet Salvatore as been quite honest with you," Katie says smirking.
"Please of all the people to lecture me about honesty. One day you say that you want to make things official and that you love me. The next day you tell me that you want to take a break. I found out you were playing me the whole time. Just trying to gain popularity. So no I didn't tell Emily about you're manipulative heartless ass," Stefan says.
"Stefan," Tyler scolds.
"It's okay Tyler that's why we are here aren't we? To get to know each other better and to spill secrets," Katie says.
"Well everyone knows you are a slut who sleeps with people to gain popularity in this school so that's no secret. And next time Katie you might want to stay in your own lane before I hex you into it," Emily says with a tight smile on her face.
"Ah look at that Barbie knows how to speak. You know nothing about me Emily. You and Stefan are like Barbie and Ken talking about your normal lives in nice houses and families who care about you. lAfter Hayley Marshall died the pack went into crisis mode about who would be the next alpha. James and I were born into this mess and it wasn't easy. Our dad died right after James was born cause of death unknown and mom has been dating alcoholics ever since, to fill her void. One night one of my moms boyfriends was about to hurt James and I took a lamp and hit him across the head so hard I killed him. I was only 14 when I triggered my curse, younger than Hope Mikaelson. I too protect my family fiercely Stefan," Katie says.
***
"Well that was an uneventful supper," Emily says as Stefan, Emily and I walk up the steps towards the dorms.
After Katie said that everyone was quiet for a bit until Tyler asked James if he was going to join the school team. The rest of the night the conversations were light and easy. Except for Katie and Stefan who were both icy the rest of the night.
"Goodnight ladies I'll see your tomorrow at breakfast," Stefan says as we stand between the girl corridor and the guy corridor.
Emily and I continue the rest of the way until she gets to her door.
"Night," Emily says.
"Night," I reply.
When I walk into my dorm Melanie is not here. I notice a piece of paper on her pillow.
I pick it up.
How the mighty will fall now that their secret weapon is taken from them...