Emily the Eavesdropper

"Hey love how was your first class with your aunt?" Alex says as I take a sit next to him.
"It was a mess I kept breaking things and I'm exhausted. Aunt Bonnie said that I made progress in that hour, but I still have a long way to go," I sigh.
"I believe in you love," Alex says giving me a reassuring smile.

"Don't forget class, tomorrow is your first test and it will be on the beginnings of the witches and werewolves," uncle Alaric says as we start to pack up.
"Can you help me study tonight?" Alex asks.
"Aren't you supposed to be the one helping me. You have been on this earth longer," I say teasing him.
"Wow two old man jokes in one day," Alex says laughing.
"Can we do a group study I'm not really good with the werewolf stuff?" Melanie asks.
"I'm good at that. I can help you out. So when do you guys want to start the study session?" James asks walking up to us.
"After dinner tonight I have the perfect place," I say.
                                       ***
"Jenna can we talk?" Stefan asks as I'm walking out the dining hall to go study with Alex, Melanie and James.
"Is it important I need to go study for a test tomorrow," I say.
"It is," Stefan says firmly.
"Why don't we meet back here in 10 minutes we all need to get our books anyway," Melanie says giving me a reassuring smile.
As they leave Melanie sends me text saying she'll get my books too.
"So I spoke to Emily," Stefan says.
"Who?" I ask.
"My girlfriend. Anyway, remember we spoke about not trusting Katie or James well Emily over heard some Crescents talking about Katie having a plan which involves all three Salvatore's," Stefan says.
"What does she want with us?" I ask.
"I'll figure that out, but as your older brother I want you to stay clear of both James and Alex. I don't trust either of them and neither should you," Stefan says.
"What about Tyler? We have to warn him that his girlfriend may want him dead," I say.
"Speak of the devil and he shall appear," Stefan says looking from behind me.
"Hey guys what's up? Jenna how did your class go with aunt Bonnie?" Tyler says.
"Never mind that let's go to uncle Stefan's room now," I say leading the way.
"What's so important that we have to talk in here?" Tyler asks.
"It involves us and the Crescents. I don't want any of those people to hear us," I say.
Stefan recounts what he told me in the hallway to Tyler.
"Are you sure Emily heard right? Katie told me that Alex isn't here for the right reasons he needs something and he needs you to get it," Tyler says.
"Well I think she's lying," I say rolling my eyes.
"I think Katie, James and Alex should not be trusted," Stefan says.
"So now what?" Tyler asks.
"I thought you would fight me on this," Stefan says.
"Stefan we are family and I trust you. Plus I won't let love blind me and get you two killed. Like mom always says there are many more fish in the sea," Tyler says.
"Or wolves," Stefan says.
"Or vampires," I say.
We all start to laugh.
"So I'm in! What do we do? Except the obvious don't tell mom and dad especially dad. He'll try to save the day like he always has when we are little, but we aren't little and he is not a vampire," I say.
"Agreed," the boys say.
" First thing is that I need to speak to Emily because she's better than all of us when it comes to supernatural business. She's part of the Gemini coven and she's been practicing magic since she can talk," Stefan says.
" I think we should stock up on vervain and wolvesbain for our protection," I say.
"Good idea I'll try to convince uncle Alaric he always trusted me the most. I think we should keep them close like dad always said keep your friends close, but your enemies closer," Tyler says.
"So I should probably get back downstairs to meet my friends and Tyler you should still date Katie," I say.
"I don't know that such a good idea. I don't want you guys to get hurt. I'm your big brother I'm supposed to be protecting you two,"Stefan says.
"We'll be fine Stef won't we Stefanie," Tyler says looking at me.
"Yes we will," I say.
***
"Welcome to the best room in the boarding school my uncle's room," I say as I open uncle Stefan's door to let Alex, Melanie and James in.
"Wow this is so cool! This is his original room from before he became a vampire?" Melanie asks.
"No that house got destroyed after my uncle and father ran away from home after becoming vampires and killing their dad, I mean my grandfather. This is the house dad's great great great nephew Zack built in 1990," I say.
"That's doesn't make sense didn't both your father and uncle become vampires before they had families?" Alex asks.
"Yeah, but my grandfather had an affair with the maid which eventually lead to Zack and then he died so my brothers and I are the only living Salvatore heirs," I say.
"We should probably start. The test is tomorrow and I don't understand werewolves," Melanie says panicking.
"Me and you both Mel," Alex says giving James a side ways glance.
"At least we are natural beings unlike you filthy dead creatures," James growls.
"Okay then why don't we split up," I say getting in between the two.
"Agreed! James why don't you come with me and teach me about werewolves," Melanie says leading James towards the back of the room.
"Finally some alone time," Alex says resting his hands on my hips.
"I don't think so. I plan on doing well tomorrow. Let's hit the books old man," I say opening my history textbook.