Epilogue: The Dawn to come

Start from the beginning

- Go faster! - A feminine voice cried, followed by the cracking of whips and even more gunshots.

- I'm going as fast as I can! - Another voice cried out in reply. - Keep firing!

- Taste some of my blyat you cyka blyat! You will ever have my potatoes!

- Hold on guys! I'm on my way! - Meirin yelled out, pushing her heels into the dark horse's flank, urging it to run faster toward the sounds.

It wasn't long before the young rider and her horse escaped the forest and into an opened grassland, with large boulders rising from the shimmering sea of grass like islands. And dashing amongst those islands only a couple of hundreds of meters from Meirin was a great wagon pulled by two mighty horses. There were two people on the wagon, a man in a deep red trench coat and a girl not that much older than the white haired girl, classed in gold-trimmed black plate armors.

- Come at me! - The man cried out, unleashing several shots from his revolver blunderbuss at the monstrous creature that was chasing them.

- Would you stop pissing it off already! - The girl bared her fangs, swinging her flaming whip to deflect the black tentacles that reached toward them, the five glowing orbs on the metal links attached to the whip exploding into screens of fire as they make contact with the creature's unholy flesh. - We must lead it far away from the main trail!

- Sounds mightily contradicting there! - The blonde boy holding the reign at the front of the wagon remarked, whipping for the horses to go faster.

Meirin narrowed her violet eyes and leapt from the horse, rushing up the nearest boulder and set up her gun, aiming at the heart of the abomination. The monstrosity the size of a townhouse was nothing more than a mass of flesh and muscle, with neither heads nor eyes, yet it still surged toward the fleeing wagon as if it knows where they are. The entire body of the creature was like a moving tree, with branches of black tentacles swinging blindly yet purposely in the air and four great roots ending in hooves. Covering its glistening black hide were an uncountable number of gaping maws with human like teeth, gnashing and gnawing at thin air as if wanting to take a bite out of reality itself. From those mouths came the cries of a thousand goats, whining for food as it swings its tree trunk sized tentacle downward.

The white haired girl squinted her eyes in disgust, through the scope on her jezzail, the thing looked even more disgusting. Without hesitation, Meirin pulled the triggered, making the long barreled gun roar as it unleashes a bolt of violet light flying at incredible speed across the night sky toward the creature. The bolt of light slammed into the creature's bulk, causing it to stumble, tentacles swirling blindly into the air, trying to catch the scent of its assailant.

- Gotcha.

Meirin smirked then pulled the trigger again, three more bolt rammed into the giant beast's flank, exploding in a dazzle array of white and purple. Great hooves plowed into the ground, dark tendrils swung in frustration, an unearthly howl escaped the monster's countless maws. The beast charged at the direction of the white haired girl, teeth gnashing at the faint scent of its prey, the earth shook with every step of its mighty legs. Against such horrid foes, the white haired girl seemed oddly calm, resting her elbow that was supporting the gun on her knee, her violet eyes gleamed coldly in the moonlight, aiming through the scope of her jezzail. Mumbling a quiet incantation, she tapped her finger on the spindle, causing the wheels on both sides of the guns to spin and emanate faint violet light. Then the twin dog-locks snapped backward, anchoring themselves on the pans on both sides of the jezzail, causing purple electric bolts crackle on both the spinning wheels and spindles, becoming more and more powerful as each second passes.

The monster was near, so near in fact that Meirin could feel its reality warping aura washing over her and hear the screams of a thousands sacrifices, for such is the nature of the Dark Young of Shub-Niggurath. Without even blinking, she pulled the trigger, the wheels which have been spinning so furiously suddenly stop in a chilling snap, causing the dog-locks to snap forward. The entire jezzail jolted upward with the white haired girl barely able to holding onto it, spitting out a sizzling violet lightning bolt snaking its way toward the monstrous creature.