chapter 6, i know and colors;

"So, what does it mean to say I know?" I asked, my face head down on the table. I sniffled slightly, my arms wrapped around myself. I had caught a flu, and honestly.. life sucks.

Bradley sat down beside me, and rubbed my back softly. "Uh.. I feel like I know means nothing more than just a comforting notion, as well as I understand." He told me.

I shook my head, sitting up and wrapping my jacket tighter around me. "No. What if you used it on the context of, "Oh, I love Taylor Swift!" "I know, she's amazing!" That isn't exactly comforting, is it.. maybe I know means nothing more than just that, yes, that person knows. They know what you're feeling. But I do know plenty of people hate you for even thinking of saying I know when they explain their feelings. It's just such a weird phrase."

Bradley nodded, taking a bite of a fry. "You're right. I don't think that it means anything more than that."

I rubbed my eyes, sighing. "But what about colors?" I asked, a sneeze coming to my nose. "Achoo!"

Bradley stood up, shaking his head. "No, I need to take you off to the nurse. You're way too sick to go through the day." He muttered, and scooped me up into his arms, grabbing my stuff and taking it with him as he carried me out of the lunch room, heading to the nurses office.

I rolled my eyes, sighing. "Bradley, I'm not even that sick though." I complained, even though I rested my head against his shoulder, and sniffled. "What do you think of colors, Bradley?" I mumbled, listening to his heart as we walked along.

"Well, Kate, I find colors confusing. Considering the fact that all of us most likely see different colors, it's kind of hard to honestly base stuff on one particular color. And then comes the explanation of what a color is. It's a pigmentation. What's a pigmentation? A color. It's a loop, just like you were saying about the words the other day. Even though red is my favorite color, the only reason is because it looks good. It's not at all for a deep reason like your reason for wanting to be a mathematician." Bradley explained. He was finally beginning to choose his words more carefully.

I nod, quiet. "I couldn't have said it any better." I mumbled.

Bradley carried me into the nurses office and softly set me down on a cot, stepping back to leave me to the nurse.

When I felt my eyelids start to flutter, and sleep coming on, I tried to stay awake, to talk for one more minute. "Can we talk about dreams tomorrow?"

"Of course, Kate."

"See you tomorrow, same time, same place." I whispered, dozing to sleep.

  ~ * * * ~
Tada! It's a bit small, but oh well. I hope it's alright! Have fun reading.
xx, Bright