Zenny told me about my mother dying due to an accident, which was also the reason why I lost my memory. My father died long ago before my mom could give birth to me.

 She told me she was a family friend and my relatives can’t take me in for they were financially incapable of taking care of me while she is. Strange, right?

Curiosity made my whole body itch and have this yearning for the things about me and my past but Zenny gave me no time to ask her questions because every time I would open my mouth, she would leave our conversation and tell me she forgot to close the faucet in the bathroom or she has to cook something; anything just to excuse herself.

 I was in a coma for three months but it felt like years. Anyone would feel the same way I do. Waking up without any knowledge of your own personality? It’s just such an overwhelming shock to me!

By the way, the name’s Hollie Agatha Rosenberg. Seventeen. Period. That’s all I know, or at least that’s what I’ve been told. It’s not much, but at least I’ve got a name.

Zenny lives in a sleepy small town of Bliss and I moved in with her. Contrary to the name of the place, it isn’t anywhere near blissful. There were no trees, or any form of plantation. Only rows and rows of grim-coloured houses suffocating me like thick smoke.

I feel dreadful to know that I’ve forgotten about myself. That somehow, inside of me lays the true me. I just can’t seem to extract me from me. Zenny says that I shouldn’t be in a hurry, because all will fall in its right place at the right time. No matter how much I try to think of what she said, I just couldn’t figure out what she really meant.

To redeem myself from being ignorant with things that a teenager like me must know, I watch a lot of reality TV shows and read a lot of books, which just really bores me to death. Zenny doesn’t seem to mind me wasting all the money in those things. Come to think of it, I always find it bizarre of my guardian to be able to afford the school I go to and groceries just for me.

~

“Hollie! Breakfast in ten!” Zenny calls out to me. She doesn’t need me to respond or give any acknowledgement because she knows that I heard her the first time.

Every day is like this for five months. Groggily waking up early; have Zenny ferry me to school; study hard and even harder for I was way behind the lessons; wait for Zenny to pick me up at the end of school; write on my journal; eat dinner; and lastly, go to sleep, which is seemingly difficult for me.

Ever since I woke up from a coma, I always dream of nothingness. It’s just dark and then a woman would cry my name. I thought perhaps the woman was my mother. Whenever I give it too much thought, my skull would threaten to burst and my head will start to hurt. So I just stopped meddling on it.

The school I attend is no ordinary school at all. Not only because they have their own McDonald’s inside but also because it is a prestige school. I am not exaggerating! Sons and daughters of the richest and famous people go there. Not to mention, young celebrities themselves attend this school. But that doesn’t stop high school from being high school.