"What?" Harry's annoyance skyrockets as he growls at his brother.Louis' eyes dart from Harry to Edward once, the blue gateways widening to saucers of an odd girth.Edward kept his arm there, his back to Louis and body curved against the boy's side. 

"Enough for today." Edward spares Louis a glance. "You'll see him again later. There's no need toterrify him."Harry's face gets closer to Louis' but it stops at Edward's ear this time. Deep pits of ugly moss greenremain glued to Louis' every facial twitch while he whispers something to his elder brother. 

Thehand Edward had on the wall shifts to Harry's chest, fisting the shirt he wore to hold him back.Louis was astonished. He does not regret all the caffeine and glucose he consumed because itgot him this. 

"You sure are a greedy bastard, Edward." Harry pushes himself back with a stealthy press of hispalm against the wall.He examines Louis' very intrigued personality glimpse and his brother's seemingly protective stanceall in one glimpse.

 Louis doesn't understand what is happening, and why it's happening to him atthis moment. Edward may be more passive about his aggression towards wanting to claimsomething, but he's still Harry's brother.

 Being Harry's brother meant he had traits that his brother had, and judging by their older behaviourEdward had more of a manipulative way of getting what he wanted. Harry was brute strength and arrogance. 

Edward's power lay in his words and possessive gestures."Maybe I am." Edward removed the arm he had barricading Louis' body and crossed it over hischest with the other. "We have less than an hour left in this place, let's not make it worse forourselves." 

That got Harry to back down significantly. He nodded in a stiff, curt way and dared to push hisbrother aside by a millimetre to press a cold kiss on Louis' cheek. His lips touched the artfulcheekbone of the boy and they curved just slightly in a twitch of a smile, before retracting. Louisremained nailed to the wall and sucked in a sharp breath that stung his pharynx as he inhaled it. Hisskin crawled with contact from Edward or Harry, and now was no exception. 

"Goodbye, petal."The lights blacked out completely for just ten seconds, and when the light filtered back before Louiscould conjure up a scream, both brothers are gone. Edward is in his cell, watching something crawlup the far wall and Harry is nowhere to be seen. 

He forces himself to speak. "B-Bye."

* * * * *

Louis is a little tipped over on the skittish scale for the rest of the day. He jumps whenever someonetouches him, either in passing or to converse with the like of him. 

He does count his most recentinteraction with the twins as more of a success than any other meeting, which seems to be the onlyvictory of today.He phones his mother to promise that he'll see her at two for their lunch date.She's not happy aboutthe postponement but she also gets very little say in anything anymore. 

Louis apologises and hangsup."Is your filing done on the twins yet?" Dr. Murs walks past his desk, throwing the reminder outthere without a glimpse in Louis' direction. 

"Almost!" The boy calls back. He's well aware how good the insulation of sound is in this office. 

Niall calls him every thirty minutes to make sure he's still breathing, which Louis appreciates."You know damn well how you working there makes me feel, Lou." Niall whines on the other end."I worry about you." 

"I'm fine, you know that." Louis sat curled up in his office chair, another large hoodie bloating hiscurves.

 "No, I don't." Niall points out cheekily. "I'm working tonight and I'll only be back at six tomorrow."Niall's job at the local uptown pub with fancy lights, expensive drinks and snotty people has grantedthem a good enough amount of funds to not complain about it.