Chapter 2

(New York)

I opened my eyes. As soon as I did, I felt a sharp pain coursing through my body, as if I was run over by a cart. This pain lasted for about a few moments before it completely vanished. My vision became clear. Two faces which I've never seen in my life before were looking at me. They were wearing strange clothes. One of them came up to me and said,

"Thank God you're alright Ben. I was really scared when I came to know that a truck hit you."

I was confused. I was also laying on a bed and some weird things were attached to me. I immediately thought that someone must have kidnapped. I asked,

"Who are you strange woman? Why have you brought me here? And who is this Ben that you speak of?"

Both of them looked at each other strangely. One of them said to other,

"It is quite possible that Ben could've lost his memories. I mean, that fact that he survived is a miracle in itself. This could be temporary."

The woman looked at me with concern. This made me feel strangely good. She then spoke to me,

"Don't worry. We are in this together."

"Who are you to me?"

I asked her, rather forcefully. She seemed a little hurt before replying,

"I'm your mother, Ben."

At the same time, I heard a strange noise before someone asked me,

'Hello'

"Who is that?"

I asked, seemingly to no one. This bizarre situation is beginning to irritate me. This woman who claimed to be my mother spoke,

"Clam down Ben. No one said anything."

"Enough with this nonsense, my name is not Ben. I am Prince Eldritch Olso Broxham of the Broxham Kingdom, first in line for the throne. Release me at once."

The voice in my head suddenly said,

'Oi you, listen to me.'

"Stop giving me orders, you sorcerer. This was your doing, was it not?"

'Stop saying things out loud and listen to what I have to say if you want to get out of this situation.'

I wanted to know what in damnation was going on. So, I replied to him in my mind.

'What is it that you want to say, you sorcerer?'

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

After listening to the voice in my head, two things became clear, one, I switched bodies with someone from a different world. I know so because this place looks nothing like any kingdom in my world, and two, I hate it. After the whole farce in a place called the "hospital", a man who claimed to be my father led us to a strange carriage and rode us home. The whole time, I kept quiet. The landscape was very different than what I was used to. Then we reached our home, which was a really tall building. The height made it look like that it could be bigger than my palace. This might not be so bad after all. Another comical situation arose as I tried to get out of this carriage. My "father" then helped me get down.

"How are you feeling now Ben? Do you remember anything?"

"Don't be so impatient John. The doctor said it could take a while."

"But Mary..." He stopped before saying anything further.

He looked at the both of us and I still said nothing. We then walked through this strange door which opened by itself. So, I guess magic is present in this world as well. We walked to a strange metallic door which opened after he did something. We walked inside and he pressed something which made it go up. I was scared for a second before regaining my senses. The metallic contraption stopped and the doors opened. I followed my "parents" to a normal but really small door. My "father" opened the door and we went in.

"This is our home." Announced my "mother".

I was shocked. This tiny space is our "home"? It is only slightly bigger than my room back home. How are they even living here? And here I thought this whole building was ours. They pointed me to a door and said it was my room, which looked even pathetic. I internally groaned. This is going to be really bad.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

The night was horrible. I barely had any sleep in this pathetic bed. The voice in my head hasn't returned yet. If not for the fact that I can feel pain, I might have thought the whole thing was a strange dream. I heard voices coming from the outside.

"He still needs time to recover."

"But think about it. Maybe going there would jog his memory."

"We can't force these things John. They happen at their own pace."

"And we are helping by treating him like we normally would. How's treating him different going to help? Listen here. If we leave him like this, he might not recover at all."

I had no idea what they were talking about. They finally came to a conclusion and came into my room.

"Ben. Since you're doing well, we've decided that's it's best if you go to school today."

At that time, I had no idea what I was about to experience. I am Prince Eldritch Olso Broxham of the Broxham Kingdom, and this is the story of how I got my mind switched with a weakling from another world.