Chapter n°9

The bells ring which means it's the end of school for today. I get up and pack my textbooks taking my school bag on shoulder and leaving the class with Harumi.
"What are you doing today, Tamiko-chan?" Harumi walks by my side towards our lockers while looking around probably searching someone.
"He is not here, Harumi. He's got practice today. Since we came back from Tokyo everyone got mad, they've been practicing too hard in their free time." I sight and look at her as she looks at me as well and pouts a bit. She still has a crush on Suga from the volleyball team and I tried to push them towards each other but since they are practicing literally all day every day I got no chance to succes.
"They are so cool." She mumbles as she opens her locker and puts the textbooks inside.
"I know... they found out they're not as good as the Tokyo powerhouses so they are trying to improve..." I put my textbooks inside and look at my reflection in a small mirror hanging on the door of my locker from inside thinking about my new friends from Tokyo.
"Should we go watch them?" Harumi closes her locker and sparkles of excitement shine in her big eyes.
"Sorry, I plan on meeting Tōru this afternoon..." I close my locker as well and turn towards her meeting with her shocked expression.
"Why!" She groans and follows me outside of school.
"He has a match today and wants me to be there." I look back at her for a second and head towards the school's gym where the volleyball team is practicing.
"But you said-"
"I know! I don't know why he wants to see me, okay? Ugh." I groan loudly and go through my black hair all frustrated.

   Two days ago Tōru texted me. It was for the first time since we have spoken to each other after the accident in Tokyo. He asked me to come and see him play in a match because apparently he misses me. It seemed like he is back to being his old himself. That dumb flirty best friend. And not going to lie, I missed him too. He didn't mention anything neither about his offer to date him nor his joke. But as I thought about these recent events I decided I'll try to bury my feelings towards him for good. I mean he is flirting with girls all the time, he never stays with one girl for more than few weeks and he is almost like a brother to me. Almost.

"I don't want to ruin our friendship so I will go. But I have to tell my brother I won't walk home with him." I look at Harumi and smile a bit and partly sadly.
"Tamiko..." She grabs my arm and cuddles to me as we walk towards the gym. I giggle a bit and shake my head to show I'm okay. We can hear sounds from the gym already as the balls hit floor loudly. I stop at the entrance and lean at the door frame looking around. There is almost everyone but someone's missing anyway.
"Tamiko-chan!" Noya spots me and waves at me energically giggling with his teeth showing. I smile and wave back at him then look for my brother. He is so into practicing the tosses remainding me of certain someone. I bite my lip lightly and clear throat.
"Tobio!" I call out making him to turn his attention to me finally. He looks around for a second and then jogs to me while wiping off sweat from his forehead.
"What?" Tobio looks serious with his eyebrows furrowed.
"I'm going to see Oikawa so I won't be walking home with you." Harumi who is still hanging from my arm keeps looking around as she finally spots her target her cheeking gaining a shade of light pink.
"Oikawa?... I'll go with you." He suddenly blurs out not giving me any time to protest. I lift my eyebrows in surprise as he already jogs back towards Daichi asking him to let him go for this time earlier. Daichi seems surprised as well and looks over at me curiously. I only smile and shrug.
"Where is Shōyō?" It's Suga who came to greet us making Harumi to blush more. He looks at me and signs.
"They had big fight with Kageyama the day we returned from Tokyo. They are training separately since then." He lowers his voice as we watch my brother packing his stuff and making his way towards us. I lift my eyebrow again and look at Suga.
"Really! I didn't know that..." I whisper as well and I can't help but feel bad for everyone. It seems that the mood tensed up since they returned from the training camp. And for my brother and Shōyō it's nothing new they had a fight, they fight every day but this seems more than serious though.
"Let's go." Tobio bows to Suga and walks out of the gym fast with his long legs. I look at Suga and smile a bit trying to give him some comfort.
"It will sort out somehow. Good luck guys. Bye Haru-chan." I give her light peck on hair and run after my brother satisfied with my plan on leaving her behind with Suga all alone. I giggle and catch up on my brother.
"Slow down! Why are you so worked up to meet Oikawa? I thought you hate being around him." I tease him and smirk though I know that Oikawa is still some kind of role model to my brother.