Chapter n°6

"Wait here." The guy orders before turning around and walking towards a table full of boys chatting loudly and eating. There is Shōyō with my brother too sitting next to Kenma. I look around and suddenly I feel a bit uncomfortable as I stand in front of tens of teenage boys. I bite my lip a bit and look at the black haired boy now heading towards me with some girl I haven't seen around here yet. She smiles at me and bows a bit. I bow a bit too and look at the guy with raised eyebrow.
"Hi, I heard you are hurt. I'm Yukie Shirofuku, the manager of Fukurodani team. Follow me, I will help you treat it." She points with her head towards the door and walks past me opening the door and leading me who-knows-where. I follow her and just before the door close I glance back at the bedhead boy as if I was looking for some assurance in his expression. He was still looking at me with some face I would call curious and guilty for causing the trouble.

"What's your name? You are from Karasuno right?" Shirofuku looks back at me and smiles gently and lazily. I look at her and smile a bit as well.
"I'm Kageyama Tamiko. And yes, I'm 3rd year there. My brother is in 1st year." The manager slows down and walks next to me nodding her head slowly.
"I see, nice to meet you, Kageyama-san. I heard you ran into Kuroo and fell down. You gotta be careful with those guys, they are clumsy ha ha ha." She laughs a bit and opens door to some room. It's a school infirmary. I follow her and raise my eyebrows again.
"Me? No, it was him who bumped into me and made me fall down....and call me just Tamiko. Wait, what was his name again?" I sit on the chair she points at and look around slowly.
"Kuroo Tetsurō. He is the captain of Nekoma team. And no wonder you fell down, he is like a mountain." She laughs again and walks to me with first aid kit. I open my eyes a bit wide. A captain? Tss, what an idiot though.
"Really? He didn't even introduce himself." I mumble and let the girl to treat my elbows carefully. I groan a bit when she puts a bit of disinfectant on my bruises.
"Sorry. Well, all the boys here do nothing else but play volleyball. It's their life. He is pretty much same as Bokuto, the Fukurodani captain. I don't think they really care about girls and manners you know?" The girl lifts her brown eyes at me and smiles again. I smile too and nod a bit.
"Yeah...that's good to hear. I admire boys who give everything into volleyball." I breathe out and suddenly I have an image of Tōru and my brother in front of my eyes. Maybe I should stop ignoring him finally...
"Exactly. Don't blame them, they are just group of passionate and dumb teenagers." Shirofuku laughs again and gets up.
"Done! I hope it heals quickly, you are Karasuno's cheerleader right? That's awesome, I saw you dancing before, you are damn good." I get up and look at Shirofuku smiling and feeling quite touched.
"Thank you so much! It's really motivating to hear that. We are just starting though." I giggle and walk out from the infirmary with her heading towards the cafeteria.
"I'm looking forward to see you at some match. I hope there is still some food left by the way hah. They eat so much like animals." She smirks and looks straight.
"Sorry for the trouble Shirofuku." I look at her with guilty eyes and wrapping my arm around her as I do with my friends when I'm trying to make up with them. She just giggles and shakes her head opening the door with her free hand.
"Don't worry about it. Come sit with us at the girl's table Tamiko."

As we enter the cafeteria together we gain attention of some of the boys including the table where my brother sits.
"Nee-chan!" Tobio calls out and as soon as he notices that he got many pairs of eyes on him he looked down at his plate imidiately clearly embarassed. I smile a bit and look at the girl next to me still holding her arm.
"Sorry I should talk to my brother. But thank you and see you later." I squeeze her arm lightly and let go of her. I make my way towards the table where my brozher sits with some boys I don't know. I sit down next to him which is between him and Shōyō and look around.
"Aw you saved me a spot and got me some food!" I giggle and throw my arms around my brother's neck. He tries to lean as much away as possible making me laugh a bit.
"Where were you nee-san? We couldn't find you anywhere." Shōyō leans a bit to me with curious expression while stuffing another potato into his mouth. I let go of my brother and look at the small boy on the other side.
"I got injured but I'm fine now." I show off my bruises now covered with white bandage smiling at the orange boy. He opens eyes wide at my wounds and before he gets to say anything someone other speaks.
"It's Kuroo's fault." Finally I notice the person who spoke to me. I look at him and raise my eyebrows.
"Oh, Kenma! Nice to meet you finally, I heard so much about you from Shōyō." I smile at the small boy with blond hair sitting right in front of me. He looks uninterested and bored holding some game console in his hands.
"It was an accident Kenma." Kuroo looks at the boy sitting next to him and then at me. I didn't notice him either before but I nod a bit.
"Hmm sure." Kenma mumbles as he looks down at his console again not paying us more attention.
"Oy, Karasuno setter's sister!" Silver haired boy leans over Kuroo smilling widely at me with sparkly yellow eyes. I look at him a bit surprised and then smile at him back.
"Hey there, aren't you Bokuto by any chance?" I raise an eyebrow and take a bite of the meal in front of me.
"Yeah, that's right! This is Akaashi."

-time skip-
The dinner went fast as I talked with Bokuto and the other guy Akaashi who were surprisingly funny and also interesting to talk to. On the other side, Kuroo, the guy who bumped into me, was silent almost whole the time. Even Kenma talked more than him. They talked with Shōyō and Tobio about volleyball of course. I talked about Karasuno and the new cheerleader team and they talked about Fukurodani and Tokyo and volleyball. It was really fun.

I'm sitting on my simple bed in the classroom scrolling through my phone. It's a bit late already but the girls are still up. I settled next to Shirofuku and Yachi, the 1st year manager of Karasuno. I bite my lip nervously and get up.
"I'm going to make a call." I announce to the girls and make my way out of the classroom. I wear only pyjama shorts and tshirts not minding the cold breeze on the hallway. I look around and hold my phone tight not knowing where to sit so noone would hear me. I wonder a bit around the dark and silent school as I finally reach some bench on the lower floor. I look on the screen and scroll through my contacts list. Okay, let's do this... Suddenly my phone rings making my heart almost stop. I close my eyes tight for a second before answering the call.
"Tōru..." My voice shakes a bit so I clear my throat to sound confidently. I look in front of me holding the phone near my ear.
"Tamiko-chan! Finally you answered." He sounds cheerful as usual making me smile a bit.
"Sorry for not picking up...you must be mad at me." I imagine his face as he smiles a bit saddly holding his phone sitting at his desk in the room I saw so many times when I was a kid.
"It's okay, you answered. How are you?"
"Tōru...let's talk." I try to sound as confident as I always do when I talk to boys. I mean I never feel nervous around anyone. But it's different this time.
"We are talking." He laughs a bit which makes my heart jump.
"I mean...you know...since we saw each other last time..." My voice cracks a little. Damn girl, calm down.
"Oh...about that, Tamiko-chan. Just forget it, okay? It was just a joke."