Chapter 30 REVELATION

******************************************************************************************Gabriel’s POV

*******************************************************************************************

I had followed her the instant I heard her stuttering. She had wanted to say something and I don’t know what I was thinking but I wanted to be there. Before I could make out what she wanted to say or what was saying there was a creaking and the door opened. I had stood up then leaving her mother in tears and her sister trying to console her. All I wanted to do was make sure that she was alright, thanks to that damn bastard she was going through a whirlpool of emotions and I could understand that. When I had found out that Alisa had cheated, well found her in bed with that man I thought nothing could have hurt so much and that maybe no one could have understood what I had felt. Thinking about that I think I was wrong maybe the hurt could have been worst and to Julia I had had no idea that she had not told her mother about being pregnant.

I crossed the same door and went to open the door before I heard her words. She was talking to someone, a male. My first instinct was to pull open the door and rush out at them but then I heard him calling her Baby Ju and then bit by bit I realized that he must have been the brother they had been talking about earlier. I looked back and might have gone back into the dining room if I did not hear what they were talking about. I stood to one side of the door and listened. “Her words would forever stay with me as I stood there frozen. “I told him I was pregnant ….but I’m not… that was all I heard before I pulled back. All this time I had thought she was pregnant, the days the moths it all made some sort of sense now. She barely had anything I could describe as a baby bump.

I pressed against the door and let the truth sink in within me, deep inside it was as if a curtain had lifted from a traffic light and the light that had always been on red had now changed to green. I listened to what they were saying even hearing why she had said why she was pregnant. Never had I thought people knew much about me or my life I had always thought that I was somehow private but I did know that in the business world things got around fast especially when you were the boss of a well-established company. Yet no one would have made me believe that I was a player. Hearing it from her firsthand was like revealing a truth that I had long since hidden. I knew that I was not a player well I might have been trying to get comfort after the cheating but no one would believe me.

When I heard Mark storm off I strode back to the dining room and stared at Jenna who was the only one who could look at me since her mother’s face was buried in her arms. “I’m sorry I don’t mean to be rude but I got a call and I need to get home,” I said trying to sound reassuring, “I know this is hard for you and I have been here to experience it, Julia is welcome back at the office when she desires it.” Jenna smiled slightly and nodded. “Thank you for everything,” her mother said through her tears. She had looked up and I could not hide my concerned expression. “I would have done it and more, “I said. I thanked them for everything giving my assurances before leaving. All I wanted to do was to get away and get some time to think. I did not know what this flood of emotions I was experiencing meant. I felt hurt, a bit of anger and sadness all rolled into one. I needed to get away and let it out.

I opened the door and stepped out into the night. “Where are you going?” Julia asked turning to me. I stared at her, at her arms wrapped around her, the cream colored scarf emphasizing her beautiful creamy skin. I wanted to hold her in my arms then and take her places far away from her, I wanted to show her what I meant and what she meant to me. I felt light and I wanted to tell her what I felt but I knew I needed to think this through; I wanted this to be perfect. Yes I was a bit angry and even sad that she had not told me. For me to completely give in to her I needed her trust and she had to tell me that she was not pregnant. I stood there with my hands in my pockets

“I got a call from the office,” I said mechanically following the excuse I had just said. She got up and nodded. “I’m sorry,” her voice rang out in barely a whisper. I stood my ground as she stood in front of me. I wanted so badly to let my hands encircle her waist and pull me to her, pressing into her ample chest and letting my lips kiss away the tears that were like shining diamonds on her cheek. I know this was a really inappropriate time to feel this way but after hearing what I just did I could not help it. “Never say that,” he said. She wiped her cheek and looked up at him. “I..I...”her words were cut short as I pulled her forward. “It will be alright I promise you,” I whispered to her as I tilted her chin to mine

***************************************************************************************** He kissed her forehead and let his gaze wonder to her lips. He would have loved to suck on them but he knew he had to play his cards right. “Thank you,” she whispered. He held her close before pulling back. “I’ll see you soon,” he said letting his hand linger on her chin. She nodded and stared as he approached the car. He was almost to it when she realized that he had forgotten his jacket. “Hey wait!” she called. She fumbled with the doorknob before turning it and running upstairs. She pulled it from the bed and ran back down the steps and through the door just as he drove off. “Shoot!” she cried. She stood there breathing heavily before plopping down on the bench she had just occupied. She held the jacket to her nose and inhaled his scent, sweet with the call of pines and something more.

Jenna came out and sat down beside her. “You really do like him don’t you?” she asked. Julia sighed and leaned back. “What does it matter Jenna,” she said, “He thinks I’m pregnant and if I tell him that I’m not I might compromise my job and everything that I had built up under me would just crumble I’m so stupid I don’t know what I was thinking.” Jenna shook her head and looked at her. “Juju you were doing what you thought was right and that’s life we gotta do what we think is right.” Julia smiled slightly and turned to look inside. “Is mom ok?’ she asked. Jenna nodded slightly. “She went to see dad I think that would make her better.” Julia nodded. “The doc called earlier and he said dad was showing progress.” Julia smiled. “Thank heavens,” she said. Jenna smiled and snuggled up to her.

“Mark came,” Julia said. Jenna sat up. “I saw but where is he?” Julia shook his head, “He left to find Tyler.” Jenna’s eyes grew to the size of saucers. “What did you tell him?” she asked. “E..v..e..rything,” Julia breathed out in one word. “Please tell me you did not tell him about the pregnancy thing?” her eyes pleaded. Julia’s eyes contracted. “Um I did I told him everything even what I did and why.” “NOOO!” Jenna cried. Julia’s eyes widened. “What!” she cried. I got up to get a drink of water for mom and I saw your boss listening at the door.” Julia gripped her hand and her mouth became a black cave. “Now I understood why he left,” she said. Julia shook her head and stared at her sister. “NOOOO!” she cried.

Author’s note

Hey again and there you all go see how much I love you lol. I hope that you all like it so far and please do not hesitate to tell me what you think. I know some of you’ll are waiting to kill me but I gave you two chapters lol so hope you enjoy. Thank you for your votes-comments-reads and remember what I always say. You all are awesome.