Chapter 23 911

Gabriel’s POV

***************************

I stood there talking to Jim, the technician from level two; I wanted everyone to leave so that I could ask her out. Yes, I had given it all my thought and with my background check on her I did not care if what she told me was true. I had given this a lot of thought and I mean a great amount. So what if she was pregnant I did know that it was not for that son of a B**** who always seemed to trail her. This was finally it, my first step of moving closer to her. I thanked Jim before turning and walking towards her. A smile was playing upon those luscious pink lips of hers. They made me think wicked things about her, the places I would love them to be. “Gabi!” a high pitched voice called. I shook my head and then saw her. Damn! Julia’s eyes found her before I did and I guess that was the shock of me seeing her here, at the moment I was about to ask Julia out. Before I could even say a word her lips were already sucking the life from mines. I tried pulling back but she pushed her chest closer, her arms encircling my neck. The last thing I saw was Julia striding out and I pulled back.

****************************

Julia shook her head and headed out. Why did she think things would have been different after that dinner? It was just that, a dinner and no one could change it. Her feet led her to the cafeteria where she ordered a slice of pizza and topped it with her favorite toppings, pineapples, mushrooms, chicken Mmmmm. To top it off she took a large piece of devil’s chocolate cake and a soda, might as well get something to forget the whole thing. She found one of the empty chairs at the back and settled her things on the table. Fifteen minutes after and she was already moaning as she licked off the top of her cake. “Uh hmm,” someone cleared their throat. She looked up and found Gabriel staring at her. She stopped mid lick and blushed. “Aren’t you saving some for me?’ he asked with that stupid smirk. She smiled and then shook her head. “I thought you would be busy with your um girlfriend,” she answered. His eyes grew wide for a second before he shook his head. “She’s gone and err she’s not my girlfriend,” he said.

“Oh really well it’s none of my business but you two look really um interesting at times,” she said. His eyebrows furrowed and then he caught the meaning of her words. For a fleeting second the moments when she had caught him and Erica came to his mind. He smirked and then sat down. “Well yes we do get a bit feisty at times,” he barely rasped out. Julia’s eyes constricted and her grip on her chocolate covered fork tightened. “Yes,” he continued, “umm in the bathroom…. “Um it’s great I’m glad you enjoy yourselves,” she said. He nodded, braced back and then put his hands behind his neck. He had gotten just that expression he had wanted, that reaction was what he had been asking for. She suddenly got up and his smirk faded. “I’m going to go a bit ok, I’ll meet you back after lunch,” she said and grabbed her half eaten cake. He stared after her as her smooth long legs carried her across the room and towards the exit. She stopped at the garbage bin and threw away the cake. He frowned and shook his head. He had not meant for her to lose her appetite, he had done it to see her green monster come out. When she exited he made his way to the counter and bought another slice of cake and made the waitress top it off with extra chocolate. He would explain later.

Julia sat in her chair and sighed. How could he be so cruel baiting her like that. She had long since given up the delusion that she did not like him because she knew in her heart that she did. She went through the files on the desk trying her best to forget but she would always come back to him. At one point she even wrote, “The company has a great interest, it’s passion for blue eyes….” Her eyes widened when she read back what she had typed before she burst out laughing. “Uhh what was he doing to her?” she cried inwardly. Her phone rang off and her hand rummaged through her bag seeking it. With glee she finally pulled it out, swiped the screen and answered. “Hello Julia,” A breathless voice gasped. “Hello?’ she answered uncertainly. “Julie it’s me your mom.” “Mom,” Julia cried, “What’s wrong?” “It’s you father, he’s gotten a heart attack…” The words barely sank in as Gabriel entered the room. “Mom,” she barely gasped out. “This morning , he was sitting and then he complained of chest pains I thought it was his stomach problem but then it got worst the ambulance came in and … ,” Julia could hear the pain in her voice, “Come home honey he needs you.” Julia closed her eyes and a tear slid down. It had been awhile since she had gone to visit her parents and now she heard this. “I’m coming mom,” she said before she hang up.

She wiped away the tear and stood up. “I’m sorry sir, I…I have to go my father he, he’s,’ she stuttered trying to find the words. “Julia,” he called. “I’m sorry,’ she rasped out, “My father he got a heart attack.” His eyes widened for a moment before processing what she said. “I’m sorry he needs you,” he said. She nodded, her face stained with that lone tear trail. “Go to him,” he said. She looked up at him and he heard her voice, a sweet lilting thank you before she had grabbed her purse and then whisked past him. His eyes lingered on the last of her as she disappeared down the hall and then he sighed and came to the desk. He put down the box of chocolate cake and then sighed. “You don’t know how much I need you,” he whispered…

****************************

Author’s Note

Ohh :p so there’s a lot going on and I hope that you all are liking this so far. I know it’s a twist but I promise this twist gets twistier if that was a word hold on and hang in there you will be sure to know what happens. Thank you so much for your votes, reads and comments. You all are precious, awesome and just amazing and I would like to tell you each and every one of you that. Thank you ^-^