Negotiations

Special Thanks to my friend NIaid aka SierraAlphaDeltafor proofreading this chapter.

 This chapter contains major spoilers if you have not completed the anime yet or not up to date in Manga DO IT before reading this.

Paradis Island

The news of another branch Humanity, their arrival from beyond the walls, and their aid in securing the first victory against the Titans during the invasion of the district of Trost spread all over the kingdom like wildfire.

Various newspaper publications including the well known Berg newspapers released whatever information they are able to get from their correspondents from the front into the public.

The common folk rejoiced. Widespread celebrations are seen all over the districts in Wall Rose and also in some parts of the more middle-class dwelling to impoverished parts of Wall Sina including the subterranean city known as the underground.

Some adventurous souls also travelled to Trost to get a glimpse of their brethren from beyond the walls.

These individuals along with refugees from Trost brought back more detailed accounts of the marvelous flying instruments of war and horseless wagons these outsiders use for their transportation. Not to forget the tale of handheld cannon wielding outsider soldier who killed a Titan in one shot and made Dimo Revees of the Reeves company piss his pants during the evacuation when he blocked the evacuation path with his cart became very popular.

These uplifting tales along with a firm believe they are not the only surviving bastion of humanity in this forsaken world, began to rekindle the long dying hope of one day reclaiming and settling in the lands beyond the walls; the spirit of it resurrected in the hearts and minds of the people.

But not all reaction to this sudden arrival of a different branch of humanity is taken positively. The upper-class citizenry including the well to do citizens from the inner wall of Sina reacted to these outsiders with suspicion and even outright disgust. Many even considered the fear of Wall Rose inhabitants joining hands with these outsiders and invading them for their wealth and resources.

The Royal government, for the most part, kept its silence and as informed beforehand by the Scout regiment began their preparations for the arrival of the UNEC delegates to the capital.

Trost, Wall Rose

Lt. Col. Alistair shielded his eyes from the gust of dust created by the blades of descending V-22 Osprey on the hastily constructed helipad. Along his side stood the rest of his command staff acting as the welcoming party for the UN delegation.

As the Tiltrotor lands, the rear hatch opens up. The first person to exit the craft was non-other than Major General Winters in his BDU followed by Doctor Dana Hoffman the leading expert in Titan/Giant biology and her small team and finally came the team of UN diplomats with a man in his mid-30s donning a business suit leading them.

Alistair quickly greets his commanding officer with a salute, at which Winters returns the gesture back with his own.

"Welcome to Breach, Major General, Sir!" Alistair says as he shakes hands with Winters.

"I see you are doing well here Colonel. I hope pulling the 2nd UNEC Battalion back to base hadn't caused you and your men any trouble?"

"Negative General." Alistair replies."With the constant flow of munitions and supplies from the fleet, we can hold this sector forever. Even without the help from my British allies."

Winters smiles to this comment. "I will make sure you and your men are properly fed and armed until we can get Olympus fully operational and get some of the construction equipment to make this canvas city into a sturdy fortress in no time."