Produce X 101

I was an avid follower of the produce series since the first season. Of course I have my own picks. Most of them got in, one did not. We have Jeon Somi in season 1 (been a fan since her Sixteen days), Kim Samuel (still bitter), Miyawaki Sakura and Kim Yohan. Out of the 4 seasons, I was especially hooked to the 4th which is the Produce X 101. This is mainly because I didn't have an instant pick in the beginning. I mean, I was already a fan of Somi, Samuel and Sakura even before they entered the show. In PD X I had to pay attention to everyone. I knew about the "already debuted" trainees but I never really listened to their groups. 

I think it was when Yohan was silently rapping the parts of the main rapper behind Jinhyuk for Boss that I got hooked to him. He literally said "I am vocal" when he clearly isn't that good in singing and internally rejecting becoming a rapper which he was actually secretly good at. It picked up from there, the constant praises, compliments, applause and recognition for him and I was amazed at the fast transformation in every evaluation. I placed my pick on him.

I also had numerous trainees I admired as episodes go by: Song Yuvin (amazing vocals), Lee Eunsang (undeniable charms and good vocals), Hwang Yunseong (the main dancer we missed), Han Seungwoo and Cho Seungyoun (both extremely talented in everything), Kim Sihoon (you can never go wrong with Brand New Music), Lee Jinhyuk (out of the roof talent in rapping and leading).

There were also some trainees who I was not really impressed with but had high ranks: Kim Minkyu, Son Dongpyo, Song Hyeongjun. I don't hate these guys. I actually adore Hyeongjun because he is so cute. I was just not impressed by their skills and I think skill-wise, there are more trainees who deserved the higher ranks. Minkyu sure has visuals but he is stiff and awkward when he dances, he also doesn't sing so well. Dongpyo's personality is just weird for me. There are a lot of trainees older than him but sometimes he talks too disrespectful with them. He is good in dancing but voice-wise not so much, which also goes to Hyeongjun.

Now it must sound hypocritical to judge this trainees and stan Kim Yohan knowing he isn't that good in vocals as well. Kim Yohan was a fast learner who knew nothing of something then suddenly gets excellent at it in the blink of an eye. Even the trainees and trainors acknowledged his skills and I saw that. Many people saw that which is why his support was massive even if he was a newbie trainee.

By the end of the season, I had a final line up in my head and I got 9/11. Obviously, it was DP and HJ that got in that wasn't on my list. Although I was pretty much expecting HJ getting in because he was constantly in the top ranks, DP was by the edge of the cliff. To perfect my list, Yunseong and Jinyhuk would've gotten in.

I had a feeling of the votes being rigged by that time. Jinhyuk who was in the top 3 of 2 of the elimination rounds suddenly drops on the finale while DP who was below the top 10 for 3 consecutive weeks suddenly jumps in the 6th rank in the finale. Minhee who was never in the top 10 is suddenly in the 10th place. Hangyul who never got to a higher than 15th was surprisingly at 7th place. Despite that, I was happy with Minhee and Hangyul getting in.

I was 95% happy with the line up.

As X1 debuted and started promoting, I have learned to love the charm of my two X's. It may just be about getting used to them but I have accepted the fact that I cannot change the line up and just accept it, and that I did. Surprisingly they fit right into the group and X1 is getting so much love.

Kim Yohan was never the center in any evaluation. He was a newbie in everything but its like he was born to be an idol. He has a lot of potential and though he still has so much to learn, he is able to cope with everything with finesse. He really deserves to become the nation's final center.

Kim Wooseok is undoubtedly the stunner. His voice, sexiness and charisma is what makes him one of our favorites. He has that soothing voice coming out of his handsome face and that is just what makes him great.

Han Seungwoo, our leader is just great at everything. You can never go wrong with Seungwoo. Name it, he can do it: lead, sing, dance, rap, be sexy, be funny, be stupid, be the brother everyone needs, MOAN! there is no denying that even all the members look up to him and trust him with their hearts.

Song Hyeongjun, our baby. Like I have said, skill-wise he still has so much to learn especially in terms of vocal but his dancing is very impressive. Everyone adores him. He has a huge impact in the group.

Cho Seungyoun another all arounder. He always reminds me of my ultimate kpop bias Byun Baekhyun. His talent is unquestionable. X1 needed Cho Seungyoun and I'm glad he made it despite his low ranks in the early episodes.

Son Dongpyo is actually very talented in a lot of things. He is good at his facial expressions, with his body movements. Although there is still room for a lot of improvement, he is making a lot of good impressions with his center attitude and he is owning it!

Lee Hangyul is honestly for me one of the most talented of the entire series. After all those trainings he reality shows he had gone through, he showed pure talent in every evaluation in the season. It was really a bit disappointing that he had not become a part of the top 10 when he deserved to. Nonetheless, he made it and although it surprised him and a lot of other people, we know he deserves to be there.

Nam Dohyun's rap skill is insane. His dancing isn't also so bad. He still has so much to learn too and because he is a musical genius it may not take long until he can make a huge name for himself in the industry.

Cha Junho isn't at all bad either like some people make him to be. He has great vocals, he has sexy attributes, he has also proved to be a special member of the group like  what the members say. He's like everyone's bestfriend.

Kang Minhee is obviously the most controversial member. He has not made himself known until Pretty Girl. He was just wildly known as the visual of Starship but we didn't know he had hidden talents until he was given the chance to show it. He isn't great but he is good and although there are others in the top 20 that are better than him, I think he deserved to be in X1. And hello, he literally owned their debut showcase stage like he belonged there. He was magnificent and people need to stop hating on him.

Lee Eunsang. When the X trainee was to be announced, I had honestly wished it was either Jinhyuk or Yunseong. Eunsang didn't catch so much of my attention THEN. Now he is such a sweetheart and I love him so much. He has great vocals, visuals and unexpected charms. I'm glad he became the X.

Now Mnet is under fire for the rigged votes which were confirmed. Just when I have loved the balance of the group they start bringing this shit up. Everyone was devastated in one way or another when their picks were not chosen but to drag the members down when they have worked so hard to get to where they are now is just unacceptable.

Everyone worked so hard even the 9 trainees who were not chosen and a lot of them are doing so well now. Jinhyuk has been into a lot of shows and fan meetings and will soon have his solo. Yunseong is doing great at Woollim, even releasing 1m1s which is such a beautiful song. Minkyu has brands lined up for him. Yuvin released a new song with Kookheon.

Its not like I'm saying to overlook the justice for the affected trainees but making it seem like the members of X1 were at fault is wrong. Justice really needs to be served but the way people are dealing with this is over the top. I understand that the Koreans who voted are devastated because they paid for their votes but I believe it can be done peacefully, without anyone getting hurt in the process.