This is Reality Breaching

Exhausted from their Post-Big Wave ordeals, Gadget and Nadia slept through the rest of the day.

Kimberly had even dozed off after watching the two sleep for hours.

The wolves had cuddled closer to each other while they dreamed, finding refuge from the war in each other.

Near sunset, there was a knock at the door before it quietly opened.

Gadget twitched, then bolted toward the door as he woke up, almost failing to regain consciousness before his legs touched the floor. He barked loudly and continued to bolt towards the door.

Adalia was beginning to walk through the door when she spotted Gadget, she gasped and slammed the door, deciding in a split-second not to enter the room.

All the sudden commotion woke up Kimberly, who looked around in confusion before running over to Gadget. She pushed down his shoulders as he reached the door, causing him to fall to the floor and struggle, yelping and squeaking in frustration. "Gadget, quiet!" Kimberly muttered harshly. "Don't wake up Nadia!"

At the mention of his lover, Gadget quit squeaking, becoming quiet almost instantly, pausing his squirming for a few seconds.

Kimberly slightly opened the door and peeked out, seeing Adalia take a few gasping breaths.

"I-I thought it would be okay to come in and see Nadia, I'm sorry."

Kimberly kept her eyes on Adalia, still pressing on Gadget's shoulders. "Don't be. You have every right to see her, now that she's conscious." She looked back at him for a few seconds before returning her glance to Adalia. "I'm sorry, he's never acted like this..."

"It's alright, we're all still on edge."

Kimberly opened her mouth to try and apologize once again for Gadget's behavior, motioning to him as if to say she refused to be forgiven for the rash behavior, but Adalia silenced her.

"He's on edge. The more you get onto him about it, the worse he's gonna get."

Kimberly looked down at Gadget, who met her gaze, and realized that Adalia was right. He had sold his sanity to save the world and was merely trying to protect the little that he had left. She frowned, feeling like a jerk. "I'm sorry, Gadget, I guess I'm really uptight as well. This war keeps escalating, and it's not helping anyone out."

Gadget whined knowingly. "I know.... Why do you think I'm insane?"

"Gadget.... You're not insane..."

"Then why does everyone say I am?"

"Because you tried to kill the guy who killed, oh let me see, eighty percent of our army and pretty much half of the entire planet." Adalia bluntly butted, rolling her eyes into the back of her head.

"Not helping, Agent Adalia..."

Adalia seemed surprised at Kimberly's slight reprimand, looking at the lioness with a shocked expression.

"This isn't the bunkhouse, Agent. Watch your mouth." Kimberly near snapped; voice raised to a harsher tone.

A slight look of shame flickered across Adalia's face, as if that had been the first time she'd been corrected for her harsh mouth. "Absolutely, ma'am."

Gadget attempted to rise onto two feet, shaking as he tried to find his balance. He felt Kimberly's arms pull him up.

"Are you okay, Agent Gadget?" The lioness's voice returned to its former, soothing tone, the same tone she'd used to talk to him when was first diagnosed with Post Traumatic Stress Disorder.