Chapter 30: things are taking a turn

Start from the beginning

I looked to Noel. I could see the line of tension stretched across his brow. He looked at his food for a moment. I reached for his hand and rubbed it gently. "I didn't ... realize that is what you were going through." Noel finally said. "I am sorry for what I put you through. I realize I did not handle things well and if I could go back I would change it. You are my best friend and I want you to know that. I am sorry"

There was silence but it was filled with the rush of tension leaving the room. A large exhale so to speak.

Spock finally looked up to Noel and smiled. "Thanks man... I needed to hear that."

They gave each other a nod and then looked back to their food. "So..." Noel said. "Can we finally talk about you and Sarah now?"

Spock blushed and turned back to his food. the rest of the night continued without issue. They were laughing by the time Spock closed the door the tension they had was completely gone.

"So" Noel said as he began doing the dishes. "Your little plan worked."

"What plan?" I said innocently as I cleared the table.

"Keep playing innocent" Noel chuckled. "I will just invite you over to dinner with Sarah one day."

I glared at him. Not funny. Not even a little. "Noel."

"Damn" He looked at me. "Okay so she wont be at our wedding anytime soon"

"Did you say... our wedding" I teased.

"No" He replied flatly.

"Pretty sure you did." I walked up to him and wrapped my arm his waist and kissed his shoulder. "You think about our wedding?"

"Oh look" He said as he held up a plate. "I think this plate is cracked."

"Noel" I whined. "Be cute with me."

He put down the plate and turned around and cupped my face and smiled. "Of course I do. Why wouldn't I."

I smiled and nuzzled into his hand. "Is this a bad time to tell you I really just see us as friends?"

"Now who is the not funny one" He whispered before pulling me into a kiss. It was slow and deep. I smiled against his lips. No one made me happier. He slowly began to push me into the counter. "Its just us right" He said as he lifted me on to the counter. His lips moved to my collar bone while I hooked my legs around him. I groaned as I knitted my hands in his hair. He came back to my lips and slid in his tongue into my mouth.

"No one is here" I managed through kisses. "Short of someone bursting through the door. I think we will be okay"

"On second" He pushed away. "I am dead bolting the door."

I laughed. "you are being so dramatic." Leaned back as I watched him go to the door. I decided to skip a few steps and took off my top. I wasn't wearing a bra so I was completely exposed. He would like that. I began to unbuckle my pants when Noel came back. "Babe- put your shirt on" His voice was panicked.

"What?" I turned to face him to see a police officer behind noel. "Fucking shit" I jumped down diving behind the counter. Someone hated me, someone fucking cursed me, and I know it was Sarah.

"I am sorry Miss." The officer began to stammer. "I am turned around... if you want to make yourself decent"

"Thanks for that" I said as I reached for my shirt.

"Of course... please know how incredibly sorry I am."

"Its fine... I wasn't expecting anyone." I looked at Noel and he was clearly just as pissed as I was. I really thought we were passed this, apparently the universe wasn't. I put on my shirt and then turned back to the cop. "You can turn around sir."