After she left, Arnav came down heavily upon her. He was shaken to core with this accident. He had so many times warned her to not wear jootis as she had slipped earlier too. Thankfully he had broken her fall that time. Khushi thinking it happened because of her clumsiness had ignored him then. She had thought that he was trying to insult her when he had brought footwear for her. She hadn't paid much attention and now had again slipped due to same jootis. It was by DM's blessing that nothing happened. Arnav was damn furious. It could have cost her life for God's sake! Anything could have happened. But this woman was too stubborn. He took her jooti and broke its sole in front of her and dumped them into wastebin and went out. Khushi felt ashamed and guilty so didnt speak a word. She knew it was her fault this time. Next morning as she was getting ready for school,  she found him before her with an ugly pair of shoes. Was he serious? They looked yuck. Arnav explained that she should wear these to minimize her chance of slipping. Khushi was bewildered. She had already taken out sandals(with nice grip) from her footwear collection and they even matched with her dresses unlike these hideous shoes. But from his expressions, she knew there was little scope, he wont relent but she tried to attack,

"You are owner of a fashion house and this is your fashion sense? I am going to school not to a soccer game. These shoes look so ugly with this suit. I won't wear them."

Seeing no effect, she tried to gain support, "Haina Buaji???"   ("Right Buaji?")

No response.Damn those jootis. It was their fault.

"I dont even like black. Let me wear these  sandals. See they have nice grip and look good too. Please Arnavji ".  Khushi batted her eyelids innocently then pouted, used all her tools but it didnt create the desired effect. He didnt budge. Finally she had to go to school in shoes only. For her baby.  

Arnav was still not happy. He was not out of what had happened yesterday, still in panic mode. She may have relented this time but she was still taking school bus despite his several requests and pleadings. He had no option but to follow her to school and back. Her feet had started showing signs of swelling but she didn't allow him to massage them. Her glares were back in two days. They are always back to square one! Dammit!!! He clutched his hair in frustration. All this was his fault, solely his. His inability to assist her in this crucial phase was making him more guilty and stressed. What if something happened in school? What if help didnt reach in time? What if she fell while climbing school bus before his own eyes? He needs to find some solution soon or he ll go mad in worry.

************************

Learning from her mistake,  Khushi was more careful now but still she kept stress at bay. Helped herself with jokes; happy company of NK, Payal and Anjali; and neighborhood kids. She wanted to enjoy her pregnancy and give birth to a happy child. 

Godhbharai preparations were going on in full swing and it was finalized for 27th February. Arnav-Khushi had argued regarding her daily conveyance when Payal raised her concern regarding the same. Khushi had already decided to use cab service. She could certainly use it,  with her increasing weight accompanied by back pain and swollen feet. Constant pressure on bladder was most frustrating cause she was either urinating whole day or was wet down there. Perpetually turned on! She didn't even know how it was possible in such sore state of her body. But her hormones were in their own world. They were literally raging and fogging her senses. She was becoming lustier day by day. She didn't refuse when Arnav again offered to help her ease her swelling with oil massage. She knew her intentions were not at all holy. With heat pack at her back  and Arnav's warm hands on her feet, she and her baby enjoyed it thoroughly. She wanted him to massage her body too but controlled herself.  Arnav had no idea that he was arousing her with a foot massage. He was not on that wavelength. But in somedays, he started getting doubts regarding her behavior. Why was she gawking at his body parts all the times? It made him uncomfortable and hard. He felt guilty for feeling all this after how he had behaved with her. He must be surely mistaken,he thought. She must be gazing there mindlessly,deep in her thoughts and he had misinterpreted it all. Why would she even think about it after his misbehavior! He dismissed his stupid thoughts with these arguments completely unaware of blazing inferno around him. Khushi had subconsciously started provoking him but even after getting clear indications , Arnav didnt have guts to directly ask her. And thus fire continued to blaze in his backyard while he kept sniffing for smoke in front.